Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 04:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
750 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 750
Total: 750

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Advice on monitor height for correct flying position - 737

Started by mdavenport, August 07, 2014, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdavenport

Hi,

I have just bought a Duronic Desk Mount for my 3 x 23" LED screens. This is so I can raise them up high enough to get a 19" wide screen centred below just in front of my yoke where I can PFD, ND, MCP etc presented to me. This should leave me then with just the "out the window" look when flying my PMDG737.

I have installed the mount and put them high enough so I can get my 19" below them (but before I can connect it I need an additional graphics card), however when flying now with the VC + TrackIR in FSX it seem un realistically high looking out the screens - but I am not sure if it is or not?.

My eye level is at about 1/3 of the height of the screens where as previously its been at the top of the screens.

I would be keen to hear your feedback on the height and if its realistic to have it this high or not? If not then roughly what height should my eye level be at?

Thanks
Mark

jackpilot

Not sure I visualize your setup but when seated you should have the horizon at eye level, and look down about 40° to your instruments.

A picture would help.
Jack

Jack

sagrada737

I think Jack is right on this.  One thing I could add is that 737 pilots have told me (although it is subjective), that when the seat is adjusted, you should be staring down the top of the Glare Shield, with the MIP about at arms length, with the horizon at eye level.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

mdavenport

Thanks for the replies guys.  I don't think I am too far out.. Here is my setup pictures loaded as attachments.

1 picture is what I see sat at my chair
The other is a side on view to give you an idea of full setup
The other one shows my yoke etc.

Any feedback is welcome.

mdavenport

Sorry for the images as they appear upside down however if you click on them they do show the correct way up.

How does this layout and height of screens look?

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate