Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 27, 2024, 04:52:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
124 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 134
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Removing Korrys

Started by davjones, July 12, 2014, 06:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davjones

Not really sure if this post should be here or under Builder's Discussions, but I'm looking for advice on how to remove Korry switchlights from the panels in which they're installed.  Most of mine are Type 318, if that matters.

They sure look like they're bonded for life somehow, but that just doesn't make sense, at least to me...

Thanks for any help.

...Dave

Dave Jones
Fort McCoy,  Florida  USA

mickc

Hi Dave,

If you pull out the bulb / lens assembly from the front side, to will see a brass cylinder in the middle of the body.

Using an allen key (5/16" if i remember correctly) you can unscrew this, which will allow the terminal block at the back of the unit to be removed.

now just slide off the spacer, and the main body will come out of the front of the panel.

You will need to use the long end of the allen key, and the screw can be quite tight.

Here is a diassembled view

philb737

Mickc beat me to the correct answer  ;D
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

davjones

Thanks so much for that, it's exactly as you said.  Like so many other things, it's easy once somebody explains it to you, as you did so clearly.  You could literally do it with your eyes closed.

I actually looked at that screw, but only saw the big round hole -- no way to turn it -- but I didn't look all the way in the back where the little hex socket is.  5/64, by the way.

This is a great forum and I appreciate your help very much.

...Dave

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.   -- Henry Ford

mickc

Quote from: davjones on July 13, 2014, 03:17:23 PM
Thanks so much for that, it's exactly as you said.  Like so many other things, it's easy once somebody explains it to you, as you did so clearly.  You could literally do it with your eyes closed.

I actually looked at that screw, but only saw the big round hole -- no way to turn it -- but I didn't look all the way in the back where the little hex socket is.  5/64, by the way.

This is a great forum and I appreciate your help very much.

No problem Dave, 
i knew it was 5/something :)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate