Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 06:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
368 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 377
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 368
Total: 368

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Automating and sequencing startup of your sim

Started by sobsidian, August 18, 2014, 08:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sobsidian

Hi All,

I'm curious if anyone has any advice on how one might accomplish literally a single button sim operation. What I mean is that I want to be able to launch all the hardware and software, in order, with the push of a button. How is everyone doing this today?

A little background, I have 3 computers using P3D and prosim. I need P3D to start first (1st pc) , then prosim (2nd pc), then launch all avionics and sioc programs (3rd pc), then again on 1st PC, launch a bunch of sound and weather add-ons,  etc

I'll give you what I've accomplished so far. I have a belkin powerstrip with a wireless on/off switch. This keeps me from having to switch multiple power strip on and off.

I've written a simple BATCH script on the 2nd display PC to launch  all that software, not hard. And can have it launch when the PC boots up. Not too concerned with this PC. If I could trigger a boot over the network, this would be ideal. I know PXE technology can do this, but its pretty difficult to setup.

I lastly have the 3rd PC (always running)  that I have to remote desktop into to launch or terminate  prosim. Not sure how I can trigger this remotely. I'm thinking I could probably write a . NET application that I could send commands to over the network to launch of kill processes. Which I suppose I could actually make this application more robust and allow it to watch for all the apps and report over the network so when the apps are launched and detected as running it would open the next program on the specific PC in sequence.

Another option is using something like AutoHotKey that you can script these things like what I mentioned above. The problem is I need it to communicate over the network the state of an application. And trigger based on that

Please let me know your thoughts or advice or how you guys handle this jumble of software launching

gufau

Quote from: sobsidian on August 18, 2014, 08:53:53 PM
A little background, I have 3 computers using P3D and prosim. I need P3D to start first (1st pc) , then prosim (2nd pc), then launch all avionics and sioc programs (3rd pc), then again on 1st PC, launch a bunch of sound and weather add-ons,  etc
Hi,
I thought you had to install Prosim on the PC where the simulator (FSX, P3D) ...

jackpilot

(The avionics program run on the networked computers which leaves the FS computer running only the outside views and the FS basics.)

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate