Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 11:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
718 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 718
Total: 719

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Streaming Media...as seen during World Flight 2014?

Started by blueskydriver, November 23, 2014, 04:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Sam, Trevor and others,

I asked this during the World Flight 2014, but things were to hectic for you guys to answer at the time...so, I will ask now.

What was the hardware and software used for the streaming; specifically, what cameras were used, how were they connected to the computer, was a video switcher used, how was the picture in picture done, and how was the audio setup?

I know YouTube was used for the streaming, but was there any other programs in use prior to the feed hitting the YouTube side of things? I assume this was on a Windows OS right or was in Mac OS?

Thanks Guys,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

Since I am the guy who did the streaming I would suppose I need to answer all these questions. lol I can not do that from here so I will answer all your questions later today when I am in my office. Other then the cameras, everything used was free.

Sam Llorca

Hi John,

Here is the link to the cameras used for streaming...

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/lifecam-cinema/H5D-00013#details

USB connection to three different machines. Windows 7Ultimate used.

On the software used, Bob would be the right person to answer that.

Sorry for the late response.

Cheers,

blueskydriver

Sam,

Thank you for posting the link for the cameras, they look too be exactly what I want...

Hey Bob,

Any chance you looked into the software for me? Still very curious as to what you guys used...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Sam Llorca

Bob Reed

Hoecky smokey I forgot all about this! It is called OBS.. Open Broadcasting Software. Here is the link:
https://obsproject.com/

That is what we use.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate