Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:25:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
452 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 452
Total: 452

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

P3D Visuals with 3 Projectors and Immersive View Pro

Started by Masterploxis, December 17, 2014, 11:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying_Fox

Quote from: Andrew 737 on December 21, 2014, 01:54:28 PM
Hi Guys

No Artifacts
No Bent Horizons
Any Angle of pitch Or bank
210 degrees FOV
Superb Blend 'Day & Night'

And my Visuals are 'Perfect' Guys - seeing is believing.
Nat done em both here in the UK.
He came, He saw, He Conquered!
I was going to give up on my pit if the visuals were 'Afflicted' in 'ANY' way but they  are Perfect.
Nat does have 'Special' techniques and EVERY setup he does (I believe) is different but he gets the same result - perfect visuals.

Well, I am happy for you and Nat, congratulations, apparently job well done, however your message has zero useful information and does not address any questions.
Are you willing to share your FSX views and camera definitions?

Nat Crea

@ Jack, I can hear your brain ticking... :)
The 2 Window/2 Projector Visual only really works for "small" screens.
The examples I posted were a GA Sim and a Helicopter.

@ Nick, Andrew is using my multi-channel set-up with 3 dedicated computers/wideview for visuals, so his camera/view configs and FLT are of no use if you are going the Single PC route.

Secondly no need for congratulations, I install visuals for a living, no luck or guessing involved when clients are paying good dollars as you can imagine.

Although I am happy to separate fact from fiction (ie. my previous comments)  and help "guide" builders on these forums, I run a commercial business so I wont be offering free visual services.

Thirdly,  Immersaview WARP does not contain magic configs, I know, I use it.

Finally...before anyone reads into this as WideView being the miracle cure....no its not LOL, just lots of practice...

Nat

meatbomber

Well I guess the special Magic is a proper cylindrical projection software?

Immersive display doesn't do that, it makes a "flat" acreen fit a curved surface, but the picture you throw on it is still made for a flat surface. I.e my setup is like stitching 5 very large flat screens together hence the optical distortions, if Nat has software that instead calculates what the view should really look like if projected on a cylinder (xplane has this feature but I haven't  worked with it yet) he will get no distotions of course :) he is doing it the proper way then!

Just stitching multiple flat views onto a curved screen will give you what I and flying-fox see.

Andrew 737

Quote from: Flying_Fox on December 21, 2014, 06:00:21 PM
Quote from: Andrew 737 on December 21, 2014, 01:54:28 PM
Hi Guys

No Artifacts
No Bent Horizons
Any Angle of pitch Or bank
210 degrees FOV
Superb Blend 'Day & Night'

And my Visuals are 'Perfect' Guys - seeing is believing.
Nat done em both here in the UK.
He came, He saw, He Conquered!
I was going to give up on my pit if the visuals were 'Afflicted' in 'ANY' way but they  are Perfect.
Nat does have 'Special' techniques and EVERY setup he does (I believe) is different but he gets the same result - perfect visuals.

Well, I am happy for you and Nat, congratulations, apparently job well done, however your message has zero useful information and does not address any questions.
Are you willing to share your FSX views and camera definitions?

Nick

I'm really (sincerely) sorry you find my posts of zero use. I guess the problem lies in that you don't want to hear my advice.

I was very explicit in my first post - I recommended contacting Nat on a 'professional' basis. I beleive this is 'SOUND & HELPFUL' advice, the same I give to everyone who requires visuals.

Whilst these forums are a really great place to come (and sincerely they are) your issues are with the 'Configuring' of 'YOUR' personal screen - settings here are personal and of little use to share. In fact I would go on to think others settings would exacerbate your problems and would make little sense.

We all spend a lot of money on our sims, a lot, but it beggars belief, time and again, visuals are the last thing builders do - this is 'THE' most important area of our projects; this should be number one priority in all our budgets.

On a final note I paid 'Good' money for my visuals and as a result I value them very much indeed, they are the best possible - This is why I exclusively Recomend NatVis and No other reason.

Good luck Nick (again sincerely said).
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

Trevor Hale

WARNING!!!!!

If people don't stop with the (Useless this, or YOUR WRONG) BullSHIT I am going to close this thread.  And Yes, I Said BullSHIT. Because thats what it is.  This is totally against our EULA, and I will not tolerate it.

If you have nothing positive to contribute, Keep your comments to yourself.  This thread could be very helpful, and I am not pleased with the way it is going.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

This will not solve your display problems but might relax your brain cells and let you enjoy your Sim during the holidays, whatever your visual system is  :D

Here is a picture of my -one short T.projector-one flat screen- FS9 visual.
Zero distortion and happy camper even.
I will eventually make it better but not a priority.
Happy holidays Guys.

Jack

Flying_Fox

OK, this is exactly what I expected.  :angel:

We all know that it is possible to achieve virtually perfect 180 or 210 degrees (or more) cylindrical (or even spherical) views using 3 or more projectors.

Here is my view of the situation.

FSX (and P3D) was never specifically designed with for multi-view projection in mind.
FSX was never designed for other that flat-view projection.

Because of this FSX has view distortions being projected on cylindrical screen. While the picture projection can be aligned/corrected by warping software, there are still geometrical distortions inherited from flat perspective projection (most noticeable is angled horizon on side views at certain conditions) that cannot be compensated by just warping. There is some information that this is due to absence of "correction the perspective map to a spherical map".

Existing warping software (like Immersive View or NTHUSIM  apparently does not have this mapping compensation for such geometric distortions.

However we are informed of commercial simulators appearance, using Immersive View and other warping software and apparently they have no those geometrical distortions.

Looks like it is being compensated by additional sofware and views setup ("multichannel").

There is no way it can be done on a single computer projecting three views. There are two main reasons for that.
One is that FSX relies on one processor core to render the picture, second is that that single processor core these days barely has enough power to run 3 views with more or less acceptable frame rates.

So, the perfect visuals with FSX can only be achieved using three (or more) separate computers using WideView or similar software. Yet, WideView is only an intermediate software making the syncronization and by itself cannot resolve any of these issues.

The distortion issues are addressed by using a special "technics" or "magic" as referred by some. My guess is that each view is split to sub-windows, and that decreases the distortions to acceptable level. In addition by giving the power of separate computer to each view it allows higher performance.

Apparently these secret "technics" involve the additional commercial software and approaches, so they will never be shared on the public forums.

This is why when I asked questions trying to get technical guidance to what the roots of geometrical distortions issue are (note, I was not asking for turnkey solution) I did not get straight answers.

Instead, I got personally attacked.
Especially interesting is - why some people think they can lecture me on "what my problems are"?? 
Claiming to have two perfectly working simulators, but for 18 month presence on this forum and 110 posted messages did not share any details or gave any useful advises. :huh:

So, please consider this my last technical input on this forum.  :2cw:

So long, and have a Merry Christmas.

Nick

fordgt40

Hi Nick

When you say this is your last technical post on this forum, I sincerely hope that you meant his "thread" and not "forum". I for one have valued your input over the years and would wish that to continue. I understand your frustration, but please do not let a disappointing response  influence you to that extent.

Have a good holiday

Regards

David

Sam Llorca

Hi Nick, I also value your your input on this forum, but I agree with your decision, when it comes to certain topics and suppliers I better not comment, sad.

Happy holidays !

Trevor Hale

Sorry Guys, I tried to stop it before it got out of hand, and I guess people are offended anyway.

Thats too bad.  Nick, Sorry to see you go, But you did contribute to the issue as well with your "Zero Useful information comment" Like I said, peoples comments can always be hurtful and we try to stop that before it happens.  One person makes a bad comment, and another has to stab back, and so on..  Its unproductive. We can't catch everything and I thought my warnings would be heeded.

In this case, because you were offended and clearly this thread is not going anywhere positive like I wanted it to, I will lock it. "The straw that broke the camels back I guess"

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate