Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 07:07:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
362 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 377
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 362
Total: 362

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Online flight EGBB to NZCH for charity 19th to 21st Jan 2015

Started by steveeverson, January 19, 2015, 10:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveeverson

Hi Guys,
We're currently doing a live 48hr flight on Vatsim to Raise money for charity. Neil Hodgson is staying awake for 48hrs and flying every leg from Birmingham UK to Christchurch New Zealand :

https://www.facebook.com/48hrFlightSimChallenge

catch our live stream on www.twitch.tv/belynz with details on how to donate to some worthy causes

cheers
Steve
another bedroom boeing....

Steve Mount

Sam Llorca

Trevor Hale

Good Luck Steve, Hope everything goes without a hitch.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

steveeverson

Cheers Guys- on the last few legs now -the Vatsim controllers and pilots that have joined in with us have been fantastic - also thanks to Simfest, Gwyn Perrett, and Tony Ralph for flying along with us for our mini 'winter world flight' !
Steve

tennyson

Not sure it's appropriate for the guy who's flying, making all those inappropriate comments about "Asians".

Wow, what a biggot!

I gotta say, I'm surprised at the tone of the conversation from this guy.
I'm no prude, but that kind of language and comments shouldn't be on live air and does nothing, in my opinion for the advancement of this industry.

Frank Cooper

blueskydriver

Nice sim and great purpose of the event, but I agree with Frank. The lack of professionalism from the last leg Captain (the bigger fellow in black shirt with hood) would not entice me to donate; every other word was the acronym of "For Unlawful Carnel Knowledge"-the actual meaning of the acronym.

Still, Steve had a nice setup on TwitchTv, as well as his overall presentation was well done. I would encourage him to continue his chairty fund raising, vet out his pilots, and suggest he looks at joining World Flight.

IMHO, the WF guys are very professional, and even considering it's flight simulation where many things that can go wrong...sometimes do. Yet, they maintain their composer because they likely have potential donors watching.

At least the Cockpit Builders Team USA were like that; I really enjoyed watching them.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

tennyson

John,
You are dead right.

As I said, I'm no prude, but the conversation by that young man was so insensitive and uncalled for.
Did he not realise he was on a live feed?

I, like so many other builders like to visit these sort of events and watch how other people conduct their flying business.

I wanted to contact the originator about future events, but will give it a wide berth, I think.

I look back at the US world flight and in particular Gwyn, who ran it from Perth. It was an outstanding effort and those guys raised 5000 bucks for the RFDS.
I never heard anything like that from any of their pilots, that's for sure.

Let's just hope that young man is counselled on his views and never allowed to air those views on live air again!

Frank Cooper

steveeverson

Hi,
I thought I would write a reply as Im obviously concerned about peoples comments and any bad feeling there may be towards our team.

The person in question actually hosted our web feed as he runs a flightsim blog/videos and has about 20k followers, many of whom donated to the charities we raised money for. The twitch stream does carry a warning for mature audiences only.

However, I was not party to the conversations on that particular flight and will ask some questions. I am good friends with the stream owner and can assure everyone that anything that was said would not have been with any derogatory intentions although it was probably viewed that way by the viewers. Future crew will be reminded that we have a duty to be respectful in front of the viewers.

With a view to future events, we will be running a separate (censored) web feed which will be the one we advertise to the simulation community and contain ATC audio only with an option in the cockpit to add sound when people are aware it's going to the stream.

I would also appreciate peoples comments or suggestions moving forward (good or bad) as our main aim for these events is to raise money for worthy charities and the profile of flight simulation in general.

Once again, apologies for an offence that may have been caused
Steve Everson

blueskydriver

Hi Steve,

Thank you for responding to our concerns. I really appreciate your time and sincerity to address something that you could not otherwise control. Knowingly, your guest pilot was an asset to your event, and it actually was a good move, as well as by having some of his followers carry over with donations made choosing him very logical.

After thinking about this, I do remember watching some of his YouTube videos previously, but I did takeaway the some idea from him back then. He is very knowledgable about flight simulation and he truly means well, but his language skills are lacking with his overuse of profanity. I know this might appeal to a younger crowd and that we all might curse from time-to-time, but most don't use it as a primary language. Consequently, I do hope to see this young man again during one of your events; albeit, without his profoundness...

My main reason for pointing this out is that I routinely direct youngsters (10-16 year olds) and/or their parents, who are a part of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Young Eagles Program, to sites and events like yours.

Here is their website:

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-education-and-resources/eaa-youth-education/eaa-young-eagles-program

Your idea of having a censored or G-rated web feed is really good. When you do another event please post the link here in the CB site. Also, post the non-censored link as well and a warning. As I really did miss seeing it on the TwitchTV page during the event...then again I admit my eyeglasses legal means just got updated and I'm awaiting those new glasses to arrive, so it was my old man vision thing that got in the way...if you can call being 49 old...lol.

Thanks again for your professionalism,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

steveeverson

Hi John,
Thankyou very much for the reply - it's very much appreciated. I'll certainly post about more events for the future. We are looking to having another event in the summer as it's a long time to wait for the next world flight!.
Many thanks
Steve

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate