Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 07:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
520 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 546
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 520
Total: 520

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Projector or multiple screens ?

Started by miloguy, February 02, 2015, 05:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

This debate is going the way of Boeing v Airbus and PC v Mac. One is unlikely to recommend the other.

But as I said to Sam earlier. for me there are more considerations to make. Cost being one and space another. So I'm going to do as most people suggest and find where I can see both types of setup for myself, and then make a choice. But I do thank everyone for their input.

Regards to all,

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Nat Crea

I tried not to bite...and yes I am pro projectors, but here's my take.

There's definitely no right or wrong, but IF you have the space and the patience/budget to do it right,I cant see the comparison.
The argument that TV's and look more detailed is not really valid when you realise that it takes 17 50" TV's to fill the same area as a "typical" 200FOV screen like below!
****SEVENTEEN!****
If I reduced the image size of 3 HD projectors down to the same size as 3 (or 5) TV's...you see the same detail?!!!

I'm with Sam and Ray and 1/2 of Scott W. :)

Nat

Joe Lavery

Awesome visuals Nat, and the price tag for all this magnificence?  :angel:

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

(2ยข from the idling moderator)

Scott & Sam
You both have pushed the display quality enveloppe  very far. with TVs for Scott and Proj with Sam.
Many pics over the forum attest of the excellence of your respective visuals and your input is greatly valued. Thank you both, please stay on the line ..lol

Everytime I go to Walmart, I spend quite some time in front of the row of Mega TVs and think !!! Hum? it should nicely fill the 73 windows
But at the end of the day I keep my One old projector...Go figure!
The debate has already been widely covered but is still valid as prices and technology are evolving at an amazing rate.
==================================
Pssst: go for projectors!

Jack

jackpilot

Nat

Your pictures should be censored!!

:P

Jack

miloguy

Thanks again for all of your replies guys..
you lot have some impressive set ups!
If I ever get any where near close to some of them I'd be happy!

and please don't fight too much guys about the difference from projector or monitors...  I wouldn't want any ill feelings between us all..

I'm kind of very early in the planing stages..
I have been thinking about a jetmax set up or something that I can fly a mixture of planes..
I tend to like to fly Caravans, Dc3 ,and I do want to get into the pmdg planes at some point. so doing a full one plane sim at the moment might not work for me.. but I am taking on board all of your responses and learning from them.. hopefully some day to meet up with fellow Aussie simmers and see how they have their set up..if that is at all possible...

any way thanks again guys !
My favorite plane of all time is the Cessna Grand Caravan 208b!

Sam Llorca

I love that happy face with crossed fingers, lol. :idiot:

rs3tier

I think this thread just reinforces how people strive for their own perfection/nirvana.

I went the 5 TV route, and despite the fact that people like Scott and Sam have both switched between TV's and projectors and equally landed on opposite sides of the fence, I too would switch to projectors if only Nat could figure out how to get me the 225 fov in my slightly too small room. 

So even with all the knowledge and experience here on the forum, and knowing pros and cons of both, I would still want to try the other way just to be sure :).  God help me if I can ever afford a collimated display for just the price of one body part.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate