Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 05:48:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
548 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 548
Total: 548

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Problem with FS Global Real Weather

Started by FredK, April 03, 2015, 05:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

Hi All -

I am using FSGRW with WideView.  All was working absolutely perfectly until I updated to FSGRW Build#29. 

FSGRW downloads weather as usual but then cannot transfer into FSX or P3D....I get a message that FSGRW cannot connect to FSX/P3D.

After much angst I thought that perhaps it was a corruption of my FSX installation so I embarked on a complete rebuild.....all new visual computers and conversion to P3D (my FSX installation and computers were nearly 5 years old anyway).  But now I find that the same exact thing happens with P3D. 

The FSGRW network check facility always indicates all is OK with communications...FSUIPC and SimConnect etc.

I have found that a new installation of FSGRW will always work on the first weather download, but then fails on the next download even on the same flight when set up as dynamic weather.

Again, all was working perfectly prior to Build#29. 

Any ideas on this?

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Nat Crea

Fred,

I haven't updated to #29 myself yet, but I will try it next week during an installation in Florida and let you know.
Any luck since you posted?

Nat

tennyson

Fred,
Are you sure it's not a Simconnect problem?

Try just re-installing Simconnect, after removing the old one. There seems to be the odd Weather problem associated with this program, don't know why.

Frank Cooper

FredK

What I did discover was that there was some interference between WideView and FSGRW.  That is, if I switched WV off then FSGRW would transfer weather normally.  So what I did was to isolate FSGRW onto a dedicated 10.0.0.xxx network.  I did an over two hour flight the other night using dynamic weather and all worked fine.

So I still do not quite understand what happened.  Perhaps my main network switch hardware is teetering on failure and the new build somehow pushed it over the brink since that is the only thing that remained with my hardware upgrade and software conversion to P3D.  However, all other network functions are working fine with it.

Keeping FSGRW on a separate network is probably not a bad idea anyhow to streamline overall network traffic.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Nat Crea

Interesting. Will have to keep that in mind next week.
I will install as per "normal" and see what happens first.

Thanks for the update Fred.

Nat

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate