Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 10:43:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
516 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 527
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 516
Total: 516

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Overhead panel placed into position

Started by jr2mey, April 11, 2015, 06:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jr2mey

Just got the overhead into position and power connected.  Now comes all of the I/O board wiring and programming.
James

Bob Reed

jr2mey

Why thank you Bob!  Do the throttles look familiar?   Also, I have to give my hats off to CPFlight.  That MCP is one of the first ones built and it is still working 12 years later!!!  Eventually though, I will be upgrading their MCP Pro.

James

jr2mey

Clement, I dare say the title of very nice goes to you! I like your web link!  Lots of good information and ideas on there!
James

wildcat02

James,

Thanks for the compliments. But ... not exaggerate.

We learn from each other. Everyone helps everyone... ;)

Sam Llorca

737man

What did you use for a Overhead Mount system for the box?

jr2mey

Thanks Sam!  I just wish that I was building it faster than I am.  I like to fly more than I do build.  Sometimes I can get impatient try and do a short cut, only to have it come and bite me in the butt later.....

737man, the box for the overheard is just two 2x4 runners holding a white FDS board with which my overhead panels are attached too.  Then that box is set into a metal frame that is attached to the window center frame that fabricated and welded up out of old man lift steel railings.

James
James

jr2mey

Hi Lance,

In answer to your question, here is another picture, only from the other side to show the arm that I used.  I just took 1 inch tube steel and stack welded them together.  I left the top tube open to run all the overhead wiring through down to the power supply and I/O Boards.

Sorry for not being able to send you the pic in the PM, for some reason I couldn't get that figured out yet.

Hope the pic helps.
James

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate