Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 01:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
487 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 487
Total: 487

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Screen / Projector help needed?

Started by 737man, May 08, 2015, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

737man

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade to a curved screen.  Any help on projectors would be great?  1,2 or3?  Short throw?  Screen options?

Cheers,
Lance

quid246

I'm no expert on projection... but go 3 if you can, will cost more, more time to setup and blend... but overall you will have better results.

Andrew 737

Hi Lance

It all depends on 'exactly' what you are looking for?

There is 'Only' one solution (IMHO) if you want a real true wraparound display...

NatVis - Flight Simulator Displays - check out natvis.com.au

I highly recommend Nat Crea's company, he has done two 'perfect' installations for me. good luck with your noble quest.

Regards

Andrew

Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

N737AG

COntact Nat Crea. www.natvis.com.au ..... best of the best

Axel

MCrevot

Lance,

if you can read french, i wrote a study and a tuto on that subject (see attachment).

I use 3 vdp, 3 views on 2 PC with wideview, and fly elise for warping. No doubt, if you want a great immersion, you have to chose 3 vdp and a curved screen.

Michel
my website : http://www.mya320sim.com
7700k, 4790k, 2600k, P3Dv4 and A320 FMGS, 3 views on 3 vdp with wideview, 180 deg screen

navymustang

Lance,
I have produced a number of curved screens for customers.  The latest on is for a CRJ-700 that will be at a community college out west.  I designed a 220 x 40 degree FOV screen that uses 4 projectors and 5 custom camera views in P3D.  I am using the BenQ 1085ST short throw projectors.
Would be glad to help you out with your design.  I am using the FlyElise warp and blend solution.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

quid246

I think Projectors and Visuals are some of the more vague issues of our hobby.

It would be great to start some kind of open source project or wiki where we could address and share the knowledge.  I believe with simple construction, decent projectors, basic warping software and a little config magic (camera settings), excellent visuals can be obtained without contracting out.

N737AG

Trust me ... I have seen all kinds of visuals ... from TV's to projectors, good projectors, not so good projectors, almost all warping and blending software out there.

I finally went with Nat Crea (www.natvis.com.au). It is simply the best. The reality is : you put in a lot of money, a lot of effort, months and years of building an almost perfect sim, only to leave it with not so perfect visuals ? It didn't make any sense to me. Sure : the visuals require a serious investment. We spend all the money building and never consider putting something aside for the last part, the visuals. When we get to the point of the visuals the $$$ is out. That's the truth.

My advice to you builders out there : start saving some bucks for the visuals. Have the goal to go for the best possible for your conditions.

Nat's visuals are so good, the immersion so perfect, that one of my first friends to fly the sim had to use a sickness bag after we hit severe turbulence .... :-[ .

Good luck with your projects

Axel

andthiel

... or do it like I did: I have startet my sim building the visuals ;-)

Cheers,

Andreas
Best, Andreas

Jon Boe

Nat's visuals are so good, the immersion so perfect, that one of my first friends to fly the sim had to use a sickness bag after we hit severe turbulence .... :-[ .

LOL.  You are so right.  The wife won't even get into my sim for that reason and I've had a couple of neighbors in the FO seat that had to leave in a hurry when their husbands in the pilot seat had their "S" turns on final get a bit to wild.

Jon
B737 MAX.  FDS DSDT.  205 degree U Screen, 3-projector system with P3D V4.5.  Sim-Avionics software.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate