Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:01:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
478 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 483
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 478
Total: 478

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prosim737 and PMDG737NGX

Started by mswift, June 22, 2015, 08:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mswift

I am currently building a 737 cockpit and busily fitting it out with the glass displays and the full range of Opencockpit hardware for the MIP (I also have their MCP, EFIS, COM, NAV and ADF panels).
I was thinking of using Fsxpand to display the different panel options in the various cockpit screen locations and using the MIP (Opencockpit) switch to select the required displays from the Captain or FO positions.
I am also thinking of using FSX with the PMDG737NGX although I still have a fear of the Opencockpits SIOC scripting with me not being a programmer, I always find it so 'difficult', certainly not plug and play as advertised but willing to give it a go.
For that reason alone I was and still considering a switch to the Prosim737 suite of software as it looks so easy to configure even with the Opencockpits hardware, am I right?
I did see a thread in these forums about combining the Prosim737 and Pmdg737 together but never found the explanation only a statement from Rob saying he had achieved it back in 2011, can anyone send me a link to his explanation?
Hope I don't sound too confused (even if I am at the moment) but help from the wise on this forum would be much appreciated regarding what direction should I take with the MIP and its interface with who knows what?
Regards
Mike

quid246

Save yourself the pain... go with Prosim.

If you tinker around, you can use the NGX flight model in Prosim.  Best of both worlds.

737man

andthiel

+1

;-)

Andreas (a happy ProSim737 user)
Best, Andreas

Sam Llorca

Couldn't say it better myself!

mswift

Hi Guys
Many thanks for the advice and it seems it's the way to go.
Can I ask you another question......it looks from YouTube videos etc that Prosim can switch the various screen displays by hardware knobs on the MIP such as the Captains and FO DU, also the upper and lower EICAS screens.
May seem like a silly question but an important one and I can't find a reference to this functionality in the Prosim manual.

Amazing that I can talk to you guys from all over the world and here I'm sat in the Greek Islands on holiday, my wife's not looking????

Cheers
Mike

quid246

That's part of ProSim configuration... you assign the different functions to whatever devices you have in your system.

Aerosim Solutions

Prosim737 = 737 cockpit builders dream come true!
PMDG737 = Great 737 for desktop simmers!

The End!!!
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate