Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 05:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
425 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 425
Total: 425

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Working HUds

Started by bernard S, July 23, 2015, 03:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernard S

Made by GD: Purchased by me 20 years later : And made to work in sim  Phil  at      https://www.facebook.com/Simvionics  enjoy :-) I do-not know how they function nor what mods were done to get them to fuction waaaay beyond my pay scale .. As for the image on the combiner there are options for Xplane PD3 ad FSX

Karl737

That is awesome!  8) I look forward to seeing more on this...

Well done!

Cheers,
Karl

quid246

Leading nominee for conversion of the year!

Well done.

Flying_Fox

I second that!  :o

Any details?  :angel:

Nick

willow

Amazing.  I honestly had thought this would not be possible - note the word 'had'.

Best,   WilloW
WilloW  (YMHB)
www.Flaps2Approach.com

jackpilot

Bernard
Is this HUD yours?

JP

Jack

bernard S

yes have a full set and spares

Garys

How about giving credit to the sim company that actually got these working for you. Your replies imply that you got these working yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/Simvionics?fref=nf

bernard S

credit goes to Phil as you so kindly pointed out.. however I did not think anyone actually asked outright how it was achieved but that synaptics

Garys

Really no one asked??
First reply was  looking forward too seeing more on this, Second was a leading nominee for conversion of the year and  third was any details. 

All we got today from you was I this and I that and a rant about aftermarket cdu not being up to the same standards as a OEM unit worth tens of thousands.

All the best with your project. If you ever need any help again finding the Activate key you know where to ask.

bernard S

An OEM unit is not tens of thousands of dollars "1700.00"   will get you one off ebay and a very clean one at that, and they are becoming more and more competitive in pricing compared to say 24 months ago. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRBUS-A320-Honeywell-Multi-Color-Control-Display-Unit-CDU-LCD-/261967713206?hash=item3cfe7e13b6&vxp=mtr

You can also get them in brown from Tom at UAM for about 500.00 bucks  but even at that price the buttons are still firm and responsive  I know I bought one for spares...but he is no longer there

And I can rant about what I think are "%^$#" aftermarket products all I want...you decide what to do with it if anything  :-)   like I said will keep this particular aspect of my project to myself... and others that want to figure it out can pay. seems fair to me as I paid for it.

Garys

Bernard,

Instead of comparing apples to oranges with discussing the prices of brand new v used OEM cdu prices why don't you bring this back on topic with an explanation on how you were able to interface your hud. You obviously had to send it to simvionics but reply to the guys who asked for more.

Garys

Quote from: bernard S on August 02, 2015, 03:03:26 PM

and others that want to figure it out can pay. seems fair to me as I paid for it.

And there you have it guys. The real Bernard. Never had any intention on showing how it was done.

navymustang

Bernard, I also am disappointed.  I sent you two emails asking or more information if you would share it. I am even confident that several of us (especially me) would have paid for the information.  Could you at least confirm that it was Simvionics that helped you complete this task?
Thanks
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

Jim:   We exchanged PMs on the 21st of May...and we talked about about a small piccolo projector  as my solution would not work for you as I use the aircraft power source and 429  etc ..I might still be in your PM box and you missed it or as you said you emailed then I am sorry I may overlooked it

Yes Gary I would have shared how it was done once it was in place  ..BUT YOU P*SSED ME OFF ..You want a punching bag ? go the fn gym..  again Gary you choose a select part of a sentence   what I said was...

"like I said will keep this particular aspect of my project to myself... and others that want to figure it out can pay. seems fair to me as I paid for it"...Meaning they too can go to a third party and pay everybodys budgets are different

Garys

The truth and calling a spade a spade. No punching bags required at cockpitbuilders.com . Plenty of posts in and still no mention of simvionics being behind the implementation of the pictures originating in this thread. Open and honesty not sure why your finding so difficult to give the credit to where it's solely due

mickc

Not entirely suprised by this...   ::)

bernard S

There ya go thread altered .. so all should be good in the zoo again :-)

Gary you got what you wanted :-)
Those that wanted to know how it was done have a POC :-)
Jim has a point of contact :-)
Jack got his question answered :-)
I have a working unit :-)
Mick C is longer surprised :-)
Phil got the credit :-)
I did not get my rant about third party CDUs :-( 

that should be it

Garys

Excellent... much better details. Thanks buddy

quid246

Now that the dust has settled... nice to see all is good on CB again.  :idiot:

jackpilot

:D
The overspeed sensors were  triggered  and  IAS is back within limits
Let's cruise... and have fun.

Jack

bernard S

Just a update.. Phil from simvionics got the HUDS fully operational meaning it works, last night at 0230hrs UK time (the man never sleeps) after 15 plus hours of CnC machining and I dont know how many thinking hours involved and or tinkering hours.. he got it working with a generic aircraft out of MSF in this case the F/A-18...here is a link to it enjoy

https://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

The end result is a really professionally polished unit :-)))) in other words its not knocked together IMHO.. I think the cost involved in getting to this stage has been outstanding value for money he made 1 USD work like 20 quid very very well spent. An OEM solution would have been silly money nor does an OEM solution exist!   

Phil is being kind enough to pop over to the US and help with the installation of the hardware and software implementation to the 74-4 deck that this is going into.. Now that is customer support at its best. 

navymustang

Here is an update on my HUD (Head-up Guidance System - HGS).

The system I have is an OEM HGS model 2350 from Flight Dynamics (Rockwell). In an earlier post I mentioned that I had removed the CRT from the overhead unit (OHU) and replaced it with an LCD screen.

Now with the test rig mounted in the overhead I can project an actual image onto my holographic combiner.

Pictures show a test image from my HGS software that was custom written by a fellow cockpit builder in Germany with minor edits that I provided. I will provide his contact info to anyone via PM.  The HGS image is an XML gauge attached to the main panel which I have turned off all other gauges.  My rig is Prosim on P3d.

As can be seen in the image taken while flying, the HGS alignment is still way off. This will be simply trial and error. Once I get the basic alignment complete, I'll work on getting the HGS XML gauge sized properly and aligned.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

XOrionFE

That is really cool Jim.  Great work to you and your programmer friend!  Love it..

Trevor Hale

I have to agree. What an awesome piece of kit. Great stuff.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate