Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:34:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
529 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 529
Total: 529

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

ACARS Printer

Started by tennyson, July 27, 2015, 12:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

I got a package today. My great mate from the West, Gwyn Perrett from Aerosim Solutions has sent my ACARS Printer that I ordered off him a little while back.

Gwyn has bought the base unit, made a Radio bay panel for it and painted the unit in Boeing grey.
Fantastic stuff. This baby will slot straight into my radio bay and allow me to print out weather updates, all my ACAR info, while I'm flying......un-freaking-believable!

Gwyn has an astounding gift of attention to detail. I keep buying stuff off this guy cos he just keeps getting better and better.
He's also building his own cockpit, as well, so he's up to date with all the latest gadgets and if he can't find something, he makes it. he's amazing!

Good onya Gwyn!

Frank Cooper

jfuenmayor

What power supply do you use?

tennyson

I dunno, haven't hooked it up yet, but it's a common unit and plenty of cockpit builders have this unit installed, so they can chime in....

Frank Cooper

Aerosim Solutions

Cheers Frank much appreciated, the unit requires 12VDC with a minimum 500mA, if the amperage isn't enough the print is faint. I used an old power pack from an old scanner!
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

quid246

Has anybody managed to find a "double wide" version of this printer? 

My NG radio box has the wide slot at it's aft that takes a printer that is two "columns" wide.

Checked Alibaba to the best of my ability and nada.

andthiel

Best, Andreas

andthiel

I have pimped my Brightek thermal printer with a panel from Hispapanels, some pushbuttons and a drawer handle (backlight to come later):

Looks great in my pedestal:

Cheers,

Andreas
Best, Andreas

quid246

Quote from: andthiel on August 06, 2015, 10:59:13 PM
Hi Folks,

did you notice the following offer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/737NG-CL-757-Boeing-Data-Printer-As-Removed-/261974850819?hash=item3cfeeafd03

Cheers,

Andreas

Way overpriced... I had a 767 one (same except brown) and think I sold it for $150.

wildcat02

Andreas,

it looks very good with that pimped printer.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate