Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 11:24:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
560 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Cockpit mouse

Started by wildcat02, August 14, 2015, 11:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat02

Hi,

I see that several builders have a fully stocked 737-pedestal.

Where in the cockpit there is room to control the cockpit (pc) mouse?

Maybe a little detail ... :-\

andthiel

Why do you want to use a mouse and for what?

I am building my sim to avoid mouses and keyboards.

Cheers,

Andreas
Best, Andreas

Sam Llorca

To control the sim with a mouse in order to adjust, add on or delete anything, the programs can be added to your start menu on the assigned pc's you can use a separate computer on a separate desk and connect to the network remotely.

jackpilot

A trackball on the pedestal (à la 777) integrates well.
More "sexy" and as efficient as a plain mouse.

Now than ATC communications  are  screen displayed on liners, a mouse in the cockpit is the way to go !  :D

Jack

KyleH

Use a Trackball. One of the ones where you index and middle finger control the ball, not your thumb.

The Microsoft Trackball Explorer is an excellent one. I use them for CAD work. It's expensive but worth every penny if you operating a computer all day.
I have a one like this http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-000806-Trackman-Marble-Mouse/dp/B001F42MKG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1439654245&sr=1-2&keywords=trackball in my cockpit, so it can be used from either seat.

Other options: I have an app on my Blackberry that controls the mouse and keyboard over the wifi.
or one of these: http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/webca/LenovoPortal/en_CA/catalog.workflow:item.detail?hide_menu_area=true&GroupID=460&Code=888011668
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Garys

I use a Logitech wireless touch keyboard. Very happy with it. It fits nicely in the sidewall storage compartment when no in use.

wildcat02

Thanks guys, that's a lot of tips. I appreciate this.

I also use auto-starts for prgs with remote pc's and TeamViewer and Input Director and this with a small wireless keyboard + mini-mouse.

And without a mouse ,I'm not used yet. I have to practice and learn ...

But a mini mouse + keyboard in the cockpit (or its equivalent) is still an extra reassurance. We're still working with computers and computers have sometimes bat habits ... ;)

Sam Llorca

my problem is not the mouse or keyboard, wireless or not, is that with the avionics pc I can't see the mouse pointer or icons behind the panels, and on the main pc I have a secondary monitor to start and close programs, is too difficult to do it on the front screen.
I'm using 4 pc's and to me is better to use team viewer from my front desk on the other room so much easier to install and update stuff comfortable.

andthiel

Sam,

you can use the lower EICAS as "normal" monitor for any add-ons and switch over to it when needed. Then you don't have to run between sim and front desk...

Cheers,

Andreas
Best, Andreas

wildcat02

I use the Lower EICAS well as x-check monitor (more control) for IVAP and Teamspeak and there I sometimes need a mouse.

The ideal setup is: PSU, IVAP, PFPX and Topcat on a remote PC (eg Flight planning pc - not in the cockpit room). ProSimUtils must be on the same pc as IVAP (IVAO), PFPX and Topcat.

Problem. Then I have no IVAP (+ TS) in the cockpit (in part with the CDU via PSU). Also the TS-pc = cockpit headsets-pc ...

I don't know if I can use Teamspeak on another computer without the IVAP interface (linked together)?

I wonder how you all fly online (only the IVAO pilots)?

Or wait for the new IVAO software in the autumn ... :-\?

FredK

I am using a mini keyboard mounted in my pedestal.  I have seven computers (4 for my Wideview displays) interfaced to  the single keyboard via a hard wired KVM switch (also built into the pedestal). Very convenient for text messaging for Vpilot which I have displayed on my EICAS screen etc.  This way I never have to leave the cockpit except for pee breaks and when my wife calls me for dinner.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

KyleH

Quote from: FredK on August 18, 2015, 07:57:01 AM
..... This way I never have to leave the cockpit except for pee breaks and when my wife calls me for dinner.

Fred K

What? You mean she doesn't bring it to you on an aluminum tray?
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

jackpilot

Hey Fred, try it for a change,

We did it, (I mean eating !)  and it was actually fun having a first class tray and bubbly while cruising on PA.
She might ask for more  !!!
;D

Jack

FredK

Well I did have the idea (seriously) of wiring my attendant call button up to the kitchen.....but Barb was puzzlingly lukewarm to the idea....So the only satisfaction I get is the "ding" when I press it.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

wildcat02

I've also tried with me (asked for coffee in the cockpit). Without result. I only got an angry face ... :-[ ;D

milezee

Teamviewer is awesome. I frequently use my office workstation from my windows phone.

Vnc is a bit easier for a local subnet though.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate