Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
147 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-800 Arduino X-Plane Build

Started by kurt-olsson, September 06, 2015, 01:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hi Peter,

Sent you a PM.

For others who would like one printed, I cannot sell it for a profit since Joe designed this. However, if you pay for a spool of filament to cover my time printing it and the machine time of 10.5 hrs (includes wear and tear, plus electricity), I would make you one.

Also, if Joe decides to print them for others at a profit, I would not object, nor print his design.

And, you guys know Karen and me, we are a very honest couple...always  ;D

If you're interested, please PM me.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

kurt-olsson

Master caution recall switches.

These are OEM but not the correct one. I will have to change the labels and also implement a microswitch when pushed.

kurt-olsson

Once my elec panel arrived the interfacing begins!

737NGer

Quote from: kurt-olsson on September 14, 2018, 08:21:32 AM

NG or CL elec panel? :)

kurt-olsson

Quote from: 737NGer on September 14, 2018, 09:58:03 AM
Quote from: kurt-olsson on September 14, 2018, 08:21:32 AM

NG or CL elec panel? :)
[/

It id a CL panel without the analog gauges.

I might buy a replica panel and fit the hardware in the NG panel. Dont know yet.

kurt-olsson

737NGer

Flood light actually...

Dome is the one on the Aft bulkhead, above th CBs.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: 737NGer on September 19, 2018, 04:30:44 AM
Flood light actually...

Dome is the one on the Aft bulkhead, above th CBs.

It says White Dome Light and it is coming from my Aft overhead panel. It shines down on the Throttle.

kurt-olsson

Nothing compared to OEM backlight!
Man, dont see me flying daytime ever when you have this gorgeous lighting and atmosphere!

bernard S

are you going to use the  master dimmer box ? yout overhead chart lights  flood lights storm lights side panel piller liggts  etc all work from this box ..in short lighting is a huge deal and most are just happy that the bulbs glow ..

kurt-olsson

I am gona use mosfets and control all lighting from the software/flightmodel.

So when you flip the gen busses the light will flicker etc.

jeffreyk

Quote from: kurt-olsson on September 19, 2018, 01:18:49 PM
I am gona use mosfets and control all lighting from the software/flightmodel.

So when you flip the gen busses the light will flicker etc.

You could also use a relay that switches when you select a different source.

kurt-olsson

Thats a good idea and its what i would like to do.
I just hope that there is no condition where the backlights is reduced by lets say 50%. In that case i have to hook it up to my microcontroller.

737NGer

Wouldn't a relay be more problematic, especially with the EMI?

There are some really high power MOSFETs out there, and I assume the circuitry would generally be simpler.

jeffreyk

Quote from: 737NGer on September 20, 2018, 03:50:31 AM
Wouldn't a relay be more problematic, especially with the EMI?

There are some really high power MOSFETs out there, and I assume the circuitry would generally be simpler.

You do realize that the actual airplane uses relays for almost everything?

Jeffrey

Edit,

I don't think using a high power mosfet is wrong, however my intention is using relays as per the real aircraft. EMI is always an issue and needs to be dealt with where necessary.

737NGer

Yes that's of course true, but this a sim, including hardware that isn't designed for electrically noisy environments.

kurt-olsson

Anti ice panel interfacing!
Love the db9 connectors. This way i modularize the hardware from my teensy circuit. If i make a crappy one or it brakes, i can easily replace it!

bernard S

be warned  lol   ... real relays etc    that is whole other level of grief ..so much so it will make hell seem like a,sauna ..

kurt-olsson

Hahah nice Bernard!
Everytime i think i am overwhelmed with wires i look at some pictures from your cockpit! hahah

Your build is a whole other level and is extremely cool to replicate the hardware aswell!

My build is the opposit, shortcuts everywhere. =)

kurt-olsson

kurt-olsson

I connected the backligth to one channel on the ULN2803a.
The max current per channel is 500ma.

Anyone know the ampdraw of a OEM backlight bulb?

The chip dont even get warm so i guess i am safe. Tried measure it with my voltmeter but failed, dont understand how i should connect it properly in this circuit.

iwik

Kurt,
To check current draw of bulb, just put your meter on dc Current(MA) and  put the meter
in series with the bulb. That simple.
Les

kurt-olsson

My voltmeter only has 200ma as setting with DC. I figure my circuit will put out around at least 400ma?

Is it okey to use 200ma setting?

jeffreyk

Quote from: kurt-olsson on September 28, 2018, 10:50:57 PM
My voltmeter only has 200ma as setting with DC. I figure my circuit will put out around at least 400ma?

Is it okey to use 200ma setting?

It's best not to guess in these situations but be sure!

As far as I know lightplates can be removed and on the back side you'll find the part-number of the lamps used on the plate.

You may find MS90451-6832 which is frequently used.

Searching on the webs shows a current of 115mA per lamp.

Jeffrey

kurt-olsson

Yeah, i am 100% sure of what i am doing, just that my max reading is 200ma. So measuring all bulbs toghether just gives me 1. =)
So measuring each plate gives me this:

144ma
107ma
139ma
101ma

HAhahha Its 491ma all togehter and 500ma is max / channel on the ULN2803a so its safe for my chip!
Funny thing is that one bulb is out in one plate, so it will incread after change! =) Murphys law! one bulb is about 60ma!

I will have to paralelle two channel, that way i can draw 1 amp with no problem! =)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate