Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 09:01:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
465 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 465
Total: 465

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Head Phone Connection help

Started by 737man, December 17, 2015, 08:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

737man

I use FSX and Prosim737.  I use one cpu for fsx and prosim.  I use another cpu for 3 prosim screens.  what is the best way to connect my telex 750 headsets.  I do have a intercom box that will run 4 headsets.  I assme the cockpit noises need not come out of the headsets.  Any help with the connections would be great.

Cheers Lance

navymustang

Lance, You will need to add another audio channel to your CPU running PROSIM and FSX.  This could be a USB device.  Then route your intercom box to one device and your external speakers to the other.  Then in FSX in the SOUND preferences box, select environmental sounds to go to the speakers, and COMMS to go to the intercom box.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

737man

How do I add another audio channel?

navymustang

I am sure that your motherboard already has an audio port installed.  So you could purchase another audio card that plugs into the motherboard or it could be a USB device.
Look at the StarTech product for example.
http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Sound/USB-Audio/USB-to-Audio-Converter-External-SPDIF-Sound-Card~ICUSBAUDIO2D

Once you install the USB audio card - it will appear in the SOUND section of FSX and you can select that only the COMM audio be directed to that sound card.  Then allow all other environmental sounds to go to the primary motherboard sound device.

Then plug your intercom into the output of the USB audio device.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

737man

I do use another cpu for prosim screens....could I use the sound card off of the second cpu?

Cheers Lance

blueskydriver

Hi Lance,

Adding to what Jim is saying, the question that needs too be answered is are you using your headtsets/intercom too communicate with an online ATC service like VATSIM or PilotEdge, or is this just for communication between you and whoever else is sitting in the cockpit with you?

If it's for ATC, you will need two audio card sources like Jim described; one can be on the motherboard and you add another card for the second source or it can be an USB Audio Source. Either way you need two sources, one for environmental sounds and the other for ATC.

If you're just doing intercom for yourself and copilot to talk to each other only, you could use your second computer's sound card for that, but it will not work for ATC though... Instead, for your second cpu/computer, you could use it too run the ProSim737 Audio software, which is the sounds you get from the avionics...like pull up, too low, gear up, gear down and so on. However, you would need a seperate set of speakers placed above your head, by your Overhead Panel, if you have one, in order for the sound too be coming from the standard location that it does in the real B737.

Your best bet is too go with the way Jim described.

Best Regards,

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

manfredc2

Actually, the newer motherboards give you the option to separate the front side audio connections from the read side, making then separate audio sources. That is how I have ATC on my headset through the front side connections, and the environmental sounds through my 5.1 surrounds sound system on the backside audio connections.

It made my sound card redundant, and it is now laying on the shelf (No clue why I am not selling it.)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate