Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 07:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
546 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 546
Total: 546

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

usb DRIVERS and updates HELP!

Started by Mach7, January 16, 2016, 06:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

Les,

I Will give that a try tomorrow and report back.

-Jim

blueskydriver

Jim,

You did the first part of removing the Bodnar card, but you stayed with the same hub for the OC cards. Now, unplug everything from the other hub, plug the 3 OC into it and nothing else. Do not plug in the Bodnar either. The point is, just do the 3 OC cards only...if they work correctly, I would say it's the original hub they were in and if they don't it's power supply for the OC Cards.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Mach7

Hello John,

I removed all of the USB outputs from both hubs then moved the OC ouputs to the other hub, re assigned SIOC, and gave it a try.

It ran a bit better, but engine 2 tgt is still lagging behind when rapid increase/decrease thrust lever movements are made.

Here is another observation I have made:

If I have a lot of freezing and lag in engine 2 tgt, (and some hardly noticeable lag in the other gauges, namely engine 4 fuel flow) by shutting down FS9, and closing the SIOC control window, and pulling  out all of the OC usb outputs then pushing them back in. The guages (namely eng 2 tgt) work better...that is to say when you start engine 2 the TGT begins to rise as per normal as opposed to not moving at all until the other gauges have reached there limits, however will still lag behind on rapid throttle movements.

This of course does not hold much water, as the sim can be shutdown for a couple of weeks, and when I fire it up the engine 2 tgt gauges will sometimes freeze....however the above seems to work for excessive lag and freeze.

As stated  in my previous post, at one point al the engines were up and running, however engine 2 tgt remained dormant. I decided to pull the lead from port 6 of the OC board that was directly connected to the gauge. When I reconnected the gauge it came to life right away, as if you opened the drain on a sink.

So, though process of elimination, and general observation, here is what we know so far.

Engine 2 TGT gauge is not suspect as switching the leads to another gauge moves the problem to that gauge.

The power supply has been replaced and checked at a nominal 5 volts, and does not power any other aircraft sub systems

Engine 2 tgt freeze and lag happens but a various degrees of severity, that is to say on some days it is hardly evident as long as you don't move the throttles too quick, on other days it is extremely evident.

By unplugging one or two OC boards around the engine 3 board, the gauge works fine, with no freeze or lag, even at very fast throttle movements.

I have observed that the gauge on the last port(s) of every OC board has some hesitation to it, (with the exception of engine 4 N2)with engine 2 tgt being the worst. That is to say. engine 2 tgt is connected to port 6 on OC board 1, fuel flow and the flap gauge are connected to ports 4 and 5 respectively on OC board 3. If you try and move the flaps at the same time you are increasing thrust, the flap gauge will move but not as fast as if the where stabilized with no increase/decrease in thrust. I have also pointed out that there is sometimes a lag or freeze on fuel flow number 4, but it does not occur all the time.

I have disconnected/deleted the anti-virus, as the computer is not connected on line, and I do not download directly to it.

The windows firewall has also been shutoff.

I am not sure when the last windows update was, but the computer has not had a windows update in a very very long time. I just find that the updates can sometimes play havoc on ones system.

If you over tax the computer, that is to say you put fs9 scenery at maximum and then try and fly, all the gauges will  lag and hesitation. For this reason I run this computer at minimal scenery with my FSPanel studio gauges overtop.

Could the OC board possibly be suspect?...all the other gauges off that board run fine.

Mach7

Ok...another update,

After unplugging, plugging back in, changing power supplies and restarting the computer a million times, today the all the gauges worked perfectly with no lag or hesitation....but I know the problem will return.

I am totally baffed.

I think I might just live with the problem for now, as it there seems to be no consistentcey with this issue.

I want to thank all for there inputs, and open to more suggestions.

-Jim

blueskydriver

Hi Jim,

After reading your post, I thought the OC Cards were the problem, but the one thing you said is when you use a lot of scenery on FS9 they all hesitate or slow down. Too me the answer is not the hardware of the OC Cards, power supplies or hubs, it all lies either with your computer running everything or FS9.

Somehow, whatever is the most active gets the attention...when you plugged the gauges in and they work normally, but later they go back to slowing down. I just wonder if the USB controller on the motherboard is causing the issues. Let me ask you this, do you have any screen savers or power saver modes active? If you're computer goes too sleep and wakes up it could cause the problem. Check and make sure you have all power savings and screen savers off for now.

Since you redid everything and it's all working, you'll have too wait until it starts happening again. In the mean time, do nothing for now, fly it and have fun. Who knows, maybe the problem will not come back...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Mach7

Hello John,

Yes, I do have both power and screen saver modes active on this computer, so I will disable them and see if that makes a difference.

I want to thank you once again for you input and help. This has been an on-going issue for me, but hopefully it will be solved, or solve itself one day.

I will continue to post any issues good or bad.

Thanks again to all who contributed for the help as well!

-Jim

blueskydriver

Hi Jim,

Before you call it fixed or not, you said this on Jan 22:

Quote from: Mach7 on January 22, 2016, 09:06:38 AM
Ok...another update,

After unplugging, plugging back in, changing power supplies and restarting the computer a million times, today the all the gauges worked perfectly with no lag or hesitation....but I know the problem will return.

I am totally baffed.

I think I might just live with the problem for now, as it there seems to be no consistentcey with this issue.

I want to thank all for there inputs, and open to more suggestions.

-Jim

What power supply did you change? Was it the one for the OC Cards and then everything worked fine? I mentioned about your power supply having a voltage adjuster that is either turned on or off, your manual talks about it, so I was thinking if it was on, it would be causing voltage adjustments. Based on what was going on how the gauges would go slow or lag, as well as how the flap gauge would slow diwn when the other gauge(s) was working all says voltage power or actually amperage.

In the sense that the drain on the power supply was not enough to power all the gauges at once or at least in a full fashion. However, if you changed the power supply for the OC Cards and it all works fine, after a lot of restarts and etc, that says the power supply change was what fixed it...

Best Regards,

John

Mach7

Hello John,

No...the voltage supply was changed out sometime ago, not because it was suspect, but I wanted the OC gauges to have there own dedicated power supply. The power supply in question is the Omron 5 volt unit.

The voltage adjustment is just a green screw like potentiometer on top of the unit (Omron) that you can increase/decrease voltage by a small amount. I usually don't touch this as the factory settings seem adequete at between 4.95 and 5 volts.

-Jim

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate