Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 11:18:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
571 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 571
Total: 572

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

iFly 737 NG CBE History, pay attention CBE owners

Started by mariodantas, January 28, 2016, 12:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariodantas

Hi felows, I'm here to write a simple review about my personnal experience with the iFly 737 NG CBE, for FSX and / or P3D the final is the same.

The iFly 737NG model itself isn't bad at all, the plane performs well.

The history changes when I talk about the CBE version, a $400 around add-on to the normal version to start clients in remote PC's and show the DUs, whell, the clients need a navdata folder from navigraph as well as the iFly server (installed in the SIM rig)

This is kind of ridiculous as:

1-) The navigraph installer doesn't recognize the clients as add-ons or SIM 3rd party software,  the manual iFly AIRAC installer installs the navdata folder inside iFly/737NG/ folder even if you coose the clients, but the navdata folder in the clients is on its own root folder.

2-) Whi the clients are not able to get the navdata from the server ? (Main SIM rig where iFly737NG CBE is installed), if they can get coords, rwy data, etc. whi can't they get the other data from the server ?

So when I ask this in the iFly 737 CBE forum the answer was the following:

Look at the question:

QuoteUSN, I think that i found my particular problem

I deleted some days ago the navdata folder from the clients (as I suposed that the clients retrieve display data from server (including WPT/STA/ARPT)) but it seems not to be the case, anyway when I use the navigraph installer, it installs the navdata into \iFly\737NG\navdata\ folder, that's ok for the sim but not valid for the CBE clients as the navdata folder is in the root folder of the CBE clients.

So I created a batch script that simply checks the master navdata folder (inside \iFly\737NG\navdata\) in the SIM computer and if newer, then copy it into CBE clients navdata folder.

They answered to me the following:

QuoteYes, the navdata must be installed for the Client.

And my final response was:

QuoteI see clearly the movie, the client are just EASY MONEY for the CBE developpers, the final user (mostly of them) have yet the navdata delivered with the client installer or then, they copy the navdata installed into the SIM and paste into the clients manually.

You must upgrade the clients and solve that, 3 options available I think

1-) The client reads navdata directly from the SIM computer
2-) The client imports navdata is most recent in SIM computers
3-) You talk with navigraph to ask te customer whete ton install navdata, iFly Server or Client

I don't believe that home CBE users and also comercial ones have to figure out "HOW TO UPDATE NAVDATA IN CBE CLIENTS", for a $400 product (for private use) i'ts a shame.

Keep me in touch please

They came back telling me this:

QuoteThe navdata installs with the FSX aircraft and also with the CBE client.  After that, it's up to the user to keep the navdata updated.  That will not change.

And the end of the story is:

QuoteBut the navigraph installer doesn't install navdata properly into CBE clients, so what you mean is the final user must workaround and figure out HOW TO INSTALL NAVDADA IN CBE CLIENTS

I'll write a review and publish it in some simbuilder websites, talking about the iFly CBE navdata update process, private and commercial users will be happy with this iFly policy like figure it out yourself.

The most I learn aboit iFly developpers, the most I Love PROSIM, So if you want to refund me I'll take my money back to swap iFly off my life and go straigth to PROSIM.

CBE doesn't woth the $400 we paid for, is a good software for the home simbuilder and fills the basic requirements, but in terms of installation and updates (and now with this breaking news about CBE clients navdata update), is a really shame.

So, the CBE users must figure out HOW TO UPGRADE CBE CLIENTS NAVDATA, as actually no updater is available for the CBE Clients and Flight1 will not modify the clients to get the navdata from server, is a really shame for a $400 software.

But that's business, people feeding their pockets with non performant software.

Have a Nice day and don't forget to look at other solution like PROSIM 737 if you are planning to build your cockpit

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate