Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 06:13:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
356 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Matrox Triple Head To Go for 2D panels

Started by pcpilotmd80, February 02, 2016, 05:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcpilotmd80

Just set up MATROX THTG digital edition on 3  21" monitors for my main instrument display on my DC-9 sim.  I'm using Coolsky DC-9, just updated all software and drivers on THTG and Nvidia GTX650ti, ran software adjusted resolutions and monitor positions to proper place.  I even adjusted window size by a 1/3 in panel config and made wide view=true in FSx CFG.  MY PROBLEM is none of the dials and switches click areas line up on the 3 screen displays with the mouse , i.e. I have to go one screen over and "fish" and guess to turn heading bug.  I know it's taking an image and stretching it across 3 displays, but I thought the "click" areas would correspond...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

KyleH

That's odd. I have a similar setup using THTG for my instrument displays, and all the click spots are in the correct place. Mine is running FS9, an ATI card, and in windowed mode.

Maybe try running in windowed mode as a test and see if that helps.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

jackpilot

Fail safe Method .....

Jack

pcpilotmd80

Bob Reed

The problem with Matrox cards is that they do not do OpenGL correctly. Sam has one that does 8 displays that does not run Porsim worth a crap. PM does not care for Matrox cards either.

pcpilotmd80

Thanks for info Bob, so I take it I there's no fixing it? it does at a little realism, I should have done my home work a little better before dropping 200 bucks

pcpilotmd80

So, I guess my next question is do you think the Radeon VIDEO card that has three screen (I forget which model) was my better route? I know networking multiple PCs is the best way, but I don't have that kind of money to drop on two more PC

Bob Reed

The better question is, does it work for you? Is it doing what you want? If that is the case, then there is no issue. If it is not, you are correct. There is no fixing it as it is an issue with the drivers for the card.

KyleH

Ok, a few items to clear up.

The Tripple Head to Go is not one of matrox's graphics cards. It uses the graphics card it is plugged into and just creates one really large monitor as far as windows knows.
I'm using one in my sim as essentially the same setup. Also, the DC9 he is using is a desktop sim (like the LevelD767) not a networked solution like PM/Prosim, so comparisons to those are not valid.

Mike,
Item's to look at. (I'm assuming this is a new setup and you haven't had this running for a while and it's just a driver update that has changed things)

First, just with windows; if you click on one of those monitors put an icon there or something, does the cursor/clickspot show up in the correct place. Try using a basic program like the calculator dragging it over, and see if it works.

If that works ok, it's possible something  is wrong with the modified panel file. 1st try running flight sim in windowed mode and see if that changes anything.
It is possible that the developer put the click spots for certain gauges in different locations than the gauge itself to prevent what you are trying to do.
You can send me your panel file if you'd like and I can have a look at it.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA

blueskydriver

I am curious about the part where he "...adjusted monitor resolutions and monitors to proper position." Does that mean you used the Nvidia software or did you use the Matrox software on the disc to make the adjustments? Where did you change the resolutions at, Windows OS, Nvidia or Matrox software?

If I remember right, you have to make sure the resolutions of the TH2GO match the resolutions of the Nvidia Card. I think you set your resolutions on the Nvidia card first, and then do the Matrox software resolutions and alignments. It has been a while since I adjusted mine, but that was a problem, getting it matched up. If that is the case, I don't think you have too adjust the panel size by 1/3; correct me if I am wrong, but the resolution in the panel.cfg usually matches whats going on with the resolution of the full size of all 3 monitors combined width x height.

Do check things too make sure they match up and try window mode. Also, get with Kyle on your panel.cfg file...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

pcpilotmd80

Kyle you are spot on about my rig and sim, but I've had it about 3 years AMD fx 8350, 8 core 4 Gig., There are no issues with other programs on the 3 monitors,  just FSX, same problem with default airplanes as well, my main program is COOLSKY DC-9 for the sim, I've updated all the service packs and hot fixes, but it does it no matter which I use (default 737 or DC-9 etc).  Kyle I'll send a config file later this afternoon and try playing with windowed mode a little more , thank you guys so much for response.  I've tried looking at other forums on google with the topic and did their suggestions as indicated in my original post.  Kyle look at the pic  at the top you can see how the 4 displays are set up, 55" HDTV for my scenery, and the 3 monitors for instrument display so that's how I set it up in settings.  the monitor on the left is a 27" the other 2 are 21" just thinking that may be the problem?? (Because they are not all 3 the same size, MATROX said it will work but can get crabby) All the click areas are in the left monitor none in 2 or 3....Kyle I'll get the config file on here later, thanks a ton  :)

Mike

pcpilotmd80

Wow didn't know that John, did not know that both had to be same on Nvidia and Matrox...I'll try that this afternoon when I get back home THANKS

Bob Reed

Is this a triple head to go or a video card? I was under the assumption it was a 6 output video card. If not, I am in the wrong thread!

KyleH

Wrong thread Bob, it's a Triple Head to Go  ;)

Mike, John is correct, you need to check that the windows resolution for the THTG 'monitor' is correct and the same as the Matrox software has it configured.
Also the different sized monitors could be contributing as well, mine are all the same size.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA

blueskydriver

Wait, all the click areas are in the left screen only? There is a setting too tell the TH2GO to use left, center, right or all three screens at the same time. Man I haven't seen this problem in a long time...I will see if I can find the instructions for you.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

I think it's a part of the matrox gaming utility here:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/surroundgaming/en/downloads/sgu/

Did you install it? You need too... I think this is where your problem lies.

John

blueskydriver

Based on which TH2GO you have, the use of Matrox Powerdesk Management software is needed. You must setup alignments in there, and likely you have for bezels. However, read about active screens...I know the answer is there, but this is all from my memory thus far. If need be, I will fire my sim up and check it for you...

John

pcpilotmd80

I tried all of your suggestions Kyle and John, ...nada.  The Matrox SGU just changed my fsxconfig to a bigger resolution and made everything look like a Picasso.. Still researching...I run my sim without VC; just 2D so I can click on the 2D panel and drag it to my Matrox screens; need the main 55" for scenery only and the Matrox screens for the 2 D panel...thanks so much for input, I'm still researching too and tinkering with the Matrox power desk,, nex step is to in plug screen one to see if it's messing it up because it's not the same size as screen 2 and 3

Mike

pcpilotmd80

Kyle, it works properly when in windowed mode if I undock view and move scenery window to main monitor and adjust the size of the panel on Matrox monitors, it works..... BUT I have to look at window borders :(

pcpilotmd80

Holy crap I stumbled on solution so take note...run the Matrox SGU to optimize fsxconfig, next run Matrox power desk / desk top management, on right menu select open "open program Windows "'and select the Matrox display (which is display 2) for which display a program will open..and aaaaaah!! It opens all programs (including FSX) on the Matrox panels once in FSX, select full screen and move scenery to upper monitor and adjust the 2D panel to size and all click areas are perfect    ;D ;D thanks fellas!! Why this site is the best for builders great help hard to find

(13 days til spring training). 

Mike

blueskydriver

Very happy to hear you got it all sorted and always glad too help out fellow builders when I can...

John

KyleH

Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA

pcpilotmd80

Kyle and John,, finished product, check out pick..zoom in on 3 monitors HD detail,, thanks again gentlemen!  Mike

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate