Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 12:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
474 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 474
Total: 474

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737ng Back Wall Plans

Started by 737man, February 10, 2016, 02:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

737man

I am looking for plans to build the back walls of my 737 sim cockpit.  Does anyone have a link for plans to build one?

jackpilot

Jack

quid246

Back walls are a must for immersion IMHO.  Even though you aren't looking backwards, it feels more "sim" when behind you is open.

navymustang

To make the sim more maintainable, my two aft walls are on hinges and can be folded back out of the way when I need more room in the cockpit.  Still finishing them up. Can send pics once the project is complete.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

Good point
Mine is bolted to the shell and can be removed, but it would take some good reason to do it !
My door is wider than normal (ie no jumpseat) but allows the seats to go through if needed.
Jack

Jack

Joe Lavery

That's the first time I've seen your sim finished Jack, it looks superb and I love the detail on those back wall panels. All you need now is the delicious smell of Avtur coming through the windows.  :) :)

Joe
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

Thank you.
Finishing touches are a joy to figure out and do..
:D

Jack

jackpilot

Lance
Check your PMs

You will have to add some  platform real estate at the back
My extension was only one foot so I did with it.
More would have allow a more authentic setup.
You probably ca n do better
see attached

Jack

Ridgenj

Jack, I am about to commission my platform and initially was going to have a max to allow the FDS Shell to sit flushed. I like  the  idea to have the backwalls. Real estate  us at a premium and what is the minimum that I should add, 2 feet. You  added only one feet, is this good enough?  On a side note, are the fuse panels in the NG so different from the 500?

Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

jackpilot

I planned one extra foot and I am happy with it.
Remember ..it is just for the look,
the extra foot allows a more realistic door setting than just a flat wall. If you can manage 2 feet it is even better but not an issue.
CB from the 500 would be perfect. Any CB panel will do the trick, again it is eye candy... but a nice one ! :D

Jack

Ridgenj

Thanks Jack, I think 2 feet will be ok and still have some clearance.

Cheers
Luis

navymustang

Luis, I agree with Jack.  I am installing 300 series CB panels in my NG - purely for eye candy.  It seems the upper panels on the F/O side are the same, but the NG has different panels below them.
I don't have a definitive list of the NG panels to make a solid comparison.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Ridgenj

Thanks James, sold on this one
Cheers
Luis

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate