Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:05:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
344 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 407
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Finally!! I have the HSI DME readouts working

Started by 727737Nut, March 02, 2016, 06:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

Thanks to some good help and amazing technology it is alive and really adds to the flying experience .   Using a teensy to generate the ARINC 568 message and an H-Bridge to allow the 0 to 12vdc signal voltage the HSI expects to see.

https://youtu.be/N5g4RENLscQ

737 Junkie

Ridgenj

Congratulations Rob!
Needless to say that your work has become seminal for us.
I have an OEM HSI but it would  be long time before I can emulate  your work
Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

XOrionFE

Sweeettt!!!!    Nice work Rob!    That just made my day.

Scott

jackpilot

Jack

727737Nut

Thanks Guys!   As always, all are welcome to come by and fly anytime.   It would be cool to do a world flight from here sometime.  Maybe the USA could have 2 teams like the Aussie's.  :cheers:

Rob
737 Junkie

KyleH

Looks great Rob. Good incentive for me to get real gauges going in my sim.

One question I've had Rob, why a 732? If I were to do a fully steam gauge sim, I'd pick the 727.

Quote from: 727737Nut on March 03, 2016, 06:16:11 AM
Thanks Guys!   As always, all are welcome to come by and fly anytime.   It would be cool to do a world flight from here sometime.  Maybe the USA could have 2 teams like the Aussie's.  :cheers:

That would be an awesome challenge doing WorldFlight without an FMS. Range may be an issue on some legs though.

Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

727737Nut

727 requires 3 pilots plus 3 sets of all the secondary gauges.  Cool thing is, the 737-300 uses the same setup I have so I could model that as well.   

Don't forget I have an INS so long legs and RNAV approaches are doable.
737 Junkie

XOrionFE

Another issue is the 727 TQ is almost impossible to find (though I believe John has one...).   Also, only a couple Flight Engineer stations out there and very hard to fine.   Otherwise...it would also be an awesome build!   I use to really admire the simple 727 setup that Michael Carter used to have.   Not sure what happened to him....

blueskydriver

You're right, I do have one, Scott. Funny how everything seems to lead to Rob, I am still using the one I purchased from him years ago...it works like a charm.

As for the B727, that is my ultimate goal as you all know, with the it still patiently waiting, it will not be much longer and it will be in the hangar. It has everything except the gauges and seats; the gauges might be hard, but the seats much harder too get.

I saw someone selling the entire set of seats a few years ago, all for $800 total! I wanted to buy them, but I had just made a big purchase on a drone. If I have another chance like that I will jump on it. Now, the gauges can be found on ebay and other sites, it's just a matter of getting them at sim builder prices.

So, someday that B727 will be buzzing the virtual skies. In the mean time, the best B727 sim I have seen is from http://project727.xsn.net

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate