Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 03:01:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
261 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 509
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 261
Total: 261

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Couple of questions combined in one post Project Magenta

Started by AngeloC, March 16, 2016, 10:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Angelo,

Guess what? I found the right setting to use for the AP disconnect on the yoke. The question is do you have two separate buttons (one for each yoke), you don't need two, but it would be even better if you did.

Here is what you do:

1. Go to FSUIPC and select Buttons Tab, and then press your Capt Yoke AP Button.

2. Once shown in the FSUIPC dialog, use the drop down for the "when the button is pressed" and select PM MCP AP 1L (means left).

3. Do not use any parameters or use the "when button is released" drop down.

4. Exit FSUIPC, be in flight at whatever altitude (say 10000ft) set the  ALT Hold, set the SPD at 250kts, set the HDG to whatever you like, and press left CMD, make sure the AP Disconnect Bar is up.

5. Now press your Yoke AP Disconnect Button and you will see that the left CMD will turn off and disconnect the AP.

6. Next, press the left CMD and it will turn the AP back on like you wanted, and just like you have been searching for since 2013 (I saw your post on Pete Dowson's forum).

7. Try it again, the Yoke AP Disconnect Button will work again and again, no MCP AP Disconnect Bar cycling.

8. Here is the really cool part, look at step 5 above...it turns it off right, well instead of reaching up and turning the CMD button back on, you just press the Yoke AP Disconnect button again and the CMD (AP) will come back. In other words, it will cycle it, as well as shut it off.

9. Now, if you setup the Capt's Yoke AP Button like above, all you do for the FO Yoke AP Disconnect Button is choose the PM MCP AP 2C (means center) in the FSUIPC drop down list for "when button is pressed", and nothing else.

10. The final thing is this, the 1L means if the left CMD is used and 2C means if the center CMD is used, but on the B737 it is only left and right CMD buttons (there is no center button); however, like I explained before, Project Magenta is for more then just a B737, so there is an actual 3R (for right) CMD. Although, that seems weird, just trust me when I say 1L is for left CMD and 2C is for right CMD of the B737 MCP...

If you made it this far and get the settings right, you need too test what happens when you are on a approach and locked on the ILS, with both CMD buttons on for an auto-land. I did not make it that far too do a setup test for an auto-land (I am way too tired...it's 6AM CST and I got up yesterday at 8:30am CST...oh yeah!).

My point is, the settings that I used above are correct, but I am not sure if it just shuts of the right CMD button and leaves the left one on during the auto-land sequence, so that you can execute a Go-Around function, that normally is a part of an ILS plate. You know, when you go missed and it says something like...climb to blank feet and blank HDG, then proceed to blank FIX and hold, you can use the AP for that...wait that's so funny, I am telling the ATC guy ATC stuff...rotflol...I must be slap happy!!!

Okay, I am going too bed.

John

For everyone else, if you have questions on using PM, contact Angelo. He has to "Pay It Forward"  :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: You will have a lot of fun Skype'ing with him...I did ;D ;D ;D
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

Nice job guys and thank you for putting the answers here for all to see!

AngeloC

Hahaha that is great! To everyone on this board I must say John is one of the nicest guys I have met in this hobby. The amount of time he spent with me troubleshooting and going out of his way to turn off his fully funtioning ProSim to emulate my PM Setup and stay up way into burning the midnight oil is amazing. Saying Thank You is not enough, he already pinned me to saying when he comes to Southern California I have to show him around lol. I will do that gladly, it is the least I could do! I must say I thought I knew a thing or two about the sim, but what I learned in the past two nights over 17 hours of tweaking is astounding. Just trying to get the darn NetDir to not show any flags when you run "PM FileCheck" PM users you will know what I mean... was a mission and a half but we did it! I just want to say a special Thanks to John and his Wife Karen for letting him help lol! Also Thanks to the great community here, without this place none of this would of happened. Don't you worry about paying it forward! I am a huge believe and will do my best to do so. Just don't ask me about any more damn PM Offsets! If I never have to look for another one after last night it would be too soon!  :P

Edit: The yokes each have their own buttons but are wired as such that when either one is pressed it is the same Joy Button ID. So they are the same, program one side, it does the exact same on the other. Same goes for PTT buttons as well.

AngeloC

Okay got a resolution to all issues yay! Positing here for people to see whenever they experience this down the line.

I finally FINALLY heard back from Enrico after pulling my hair out trying to get the AP to disconnect either autopilot A or B and be able to re-engage it without cycling the disengage bar. Up until now all previous discussions about how to do were half measures.

The sure fire way to get the AP to disconnect whether its A or B or Dual Channel AB ILS, is by using the PM K-Codes offset in FSUIPC.

It was not a bit or byte, and it really wasn't even in the documentation. Enrico said to use K100 (Which didn't even exist and offset 04F2) Both wrong.

The real solution was in the FSUIPC dropdown, "PM MCP K-Code" then input the code of K99. This was the final and correct answer. I can now say after over a MONTH I have the AP behaving the way it should PHEW!

The best and happiest solution I found was the weird black boxes and shadowing on the instrumentation of the Nav information on the ND and terrain radar etc.

I needed to reset how the Alpha Channel Layers are drawn, and Pressing ALT+Z a few times resets it and now they look like they are taken straight out of the 737. I am a happy guy to say the least!

Cheers all!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate