Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 03:09:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
543 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 551
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Yeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!

Started by kurt-olsson, March 21, 2016, 11:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Its  Mine!!!! My preascious!!!! (Lotr)
I cant belive i got it!!! Been looking for years!!!

- lower price due to cut bay! Excellent
- The most important peace in a simulator!
- knowing that this has been in a real aircraft!!!
- know you get exactly the right feel and look!
- building fun!!!!! Plan to take st least a year to complete
- most replicas i have seen is more expensive than my peace.

jackpilot

Happy for you !

Some guys here went through the process , as you know, and will help you for sure to speed up the learning curve!
Cheers
Jack
;)

Jack

kurt-olsson

Thanks!

Lucky for me there are tons of smart people in this forum that are friendly and maybe can help with some directions. First thing will be to localize the switch cables. Have to read up on how to track what cable does what? Hehe

matta757

Couldn't agree with you more. I felt exactly the same about my 757 TQ, which due to it being less popular in the sim community in terms of numbers means that you basically HAVE to buy a real one since there aren't replica options. But that's fine, replicas CANNOT touch the real thing, and like you, I got mine for an unbelievable price.

Have fun, restoring them is a BLAST! Lots of work, but really, really cool work.

Matt

kurt-olsson

Cool, where did you get your 757 throttle? Ebay?
your sim looks awsome.

I am also glad for the throttle, because its the hardest part to find. My mip and overhead and pedistal will be ordered from simworld. Mcp and efis 99% done. The yokes i will also invest in real oem and convert, but probably not this year.

Ridgenj

Congratulations, yokes unless you get another bargain... you will not pass.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

KyleH

Quote from: matta757 on March 21, 2016, 01:15:28 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. I felt exactly the same about my 757 TQ, which due to it being less popular in the sim community in terms of numbers means that you basically HAVE to buy a real one since there aren't replica options....

Not quite:
http://www.throttletek.com/g-b767-replica-1.html
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

kurt-olsson

Quote from: Ridgenj on March 21, 2016, 02:35:02 PM
Congratulations, yokes unless you get a other bargain...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thanks, and thanks for posting the link! :)

FredK

Peter...

Congratulations on your find!

I found that the TQ conversion I did was the most rewarding and enjoyable aspect of my cockpit build.  It definitely adds to the realism (I had a replica prior)!

Happy to address any questions you may have.

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

matta757

Quote from: KyleH on March 21, 2016, 03:22:04 PM
Quote from: matta757 on March 21, 2016, 01:15:28 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. I felt exactly the same about my 757 TQ, which due to it being less popular in the sim community in terms of numbers means that you basically HAVE to buy a real one since there aren't replica options....

Not quite:
http://www.throttletek.com/g-b767-replica-1.html

I've seen that before, it looks decent but nothing compares to the real thing. And I got mine for less than half of what the replica costs. That was my point really, that the real thing is well worth it in terms of ruggedness and realistic feel.

Matt

matta757

Quote from: kurt-olsson on March 21, 2016, 01:40:32 PM
Cool, where did you get your 757 throttle? Ebay?
your sim looks awsome.

I am also glad for the throttle, because its the hardest part to find. My mip and overhead and pedistal will be ordered from simworld. Mcp and efis 99% done. The yokes i will also invest in real oem and convert, but probably not this year.

Yep, got the TQ on eBay along with most of my real parts. Gotta be willing to wait for a bargain to come along. Yokes are the next most important, and I went from an ACE replica yoke (very nice, heavy duty construction) to a pair of dual-linked real 757 yokes and again, the real parts are just so much better than even the best replicas.

Matt

jfuenmayor

Congratulations.
From what I have seen from other conversions it is a lot of fun work, however,
I have seen just one video of one in action after the TQ was completely installed in the sim, it showed quite a bit of "hunting", perhaps software related. I personally was a "chicken" when it came to getting one and convert it myself :). I admit it,  I took the easy way out and got one replica  from the market. I wonder if any of you have videos of your conversion "in action".

Again, congrats.

JF

PS: I will post mine in the section "Show your Sim"( not sure if that is the real name of the thread, but you follow my drift ) that was created a few days back, as not to hijack this one.

fsaviator

Here are the yokes.

[ebay]172139774722[/ebay]
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

kurt-olsson

Quote from: FredK on March 22, 2016, 05:23:23 AM
Peter...

Congratulations on your find!

I found that the TQ conversion I did was the most rewarding and enjoyable aspect of my cockpit build.  It definitely adds to the realism (I had a replica prior)!

Happy to address any questions you may have.

Fred K

Thanks, i am pretty new to this forum, but you must be "The Fred" they talk about in the youtube conversion videos from scott and pilotdreams.

Will gladly take any tip or help. When the progress starts i may send you pm if i have some questions.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: fsaviator on March 22, 2016, 02:58:56 PM
Here are the yokes.

[ebay]172139774722[/ebay]

Ahhh dude!!! Dont do this to me! I have to save up some money after my tq purchase. Those are exactly what i want and looks like extremely good price! If i had the money they would be on its way to sweden now! :)

kurt-olsson

kurt-olsson

Update!

The throttle is at my home! It took two days for deliver from USA-Sweden, two days!!!! incredible!
Swiss-sim 5/5 for package and deliverance.

Have not opened yet to check condition, but should be no problem.

757Simulator

Congrats! I'd say IMHO the CDU is the most important piece.

Mitch

kurt-olsson

Quote from: 757Simulator on March 24, 2016, 08:56:14 PM
Congrats! I'd say IMHO the CDU is the most important piece.

Mitch

Thanks for input. Not seen many cdu-panels though. I dont want to interface an oem cdu, think thats almost impossible.

757Simulator

Actually it is very impossible. Matt Ford & James Price both have done it.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: 757Simulator on March 25, 2016, 08:10:10 PM
Actually it is very impossible. Matt Ford & James Price both have done it.

Yeah, but they are legends and pioneers within this hobby, i am just a regular dude! Haha

carlos hermida

Congrats for the nice real piece !

kurt-olsson

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate