Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 06:45:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
532 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 546
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 532
Total: 533

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

How many of you have converted to x-plane

Started by Ridgenj, May 11, 2016, 06:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinWheat

Great help. Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have NO experience with that software/program. Do you mind going in a little more detail for what this will be needed for and how to manipulate it? I will be running Sim Avionics if that's any help.

XOrionFE

Quote from: JustinWheat on May 17, 2016, 04:05:21 PM
I have a Jetmax737 from FDS that I would like to get fully synced with X Plane 10. Who do I need to contact in order to get some help with this?

Justin, if you have a JetMax then your best bet is to use Sim-Avionics and FDS Hardware along with XPUIPC.    This works and would be your easiest route (assuming you also have FDS MCP, EFIS, CDU, and radios.   Note that CP flight also works in this setup.      Using Teensy/Arduino and the x737 or the new Classic to interface your setup would likely be very difficult.    You need a lot of wiring and programming knowledge and would have to likely modify your electronics thus voiding any warranty from the vendors.

This is why when I decided to go down the Teensy/Xplane path I switched out everything I had with real hardware like Rob did.   

Long story short, if you have all the vendor hardware already for an NG then use Sim-A.    If not, get out your breadboard, buy a teensy, and start learning how to code.

Scott

JustinWheat

Scott,

Yes everything on the Jetmax is from Flightdeck Solutions MCP, EFIS, CDU, and Radios/Transponder. Is there anything special I need to know to interface with Sim Avionics? I am assuming it works with the x737 and XPUIPC?

Bob Reed

Quote from: JustinWheat on May 18, 2016, 06:33:59 AM
Scott,

Yes everything on the Jetmax is from Flightdeck Solutions MCP, EFIS, CDU, and Radios/Transponder. Is there anything special I need to know to interface with Sim Avionics? I am assuming it works with the x737 and XPUIPC?

I will be able to answer some of your questions better once I am home tonight as I am just starting the switch over myself. It's not cut and dry but with SimA as Scott has said things are a little easier for the switch over to X Plane. More to follow once I am home.

JustinWheat

Awesome will be ready for any advice. Thank You so much. Really eager to get the hardware working with X Plane 10

XOrionFE

It has been a while since I ran that setup Justin so there may even be better functionality on newer versions of Sim-A.   You need the x737 for the flight model but nothing else.   Once installed you delete the plugin in its plugin folder alltogether because you will be using Sim-A for systems rather than the x737.  You dont want them conflicting.   Xpuipc was used just to have access to offsets conversion so sim-a could use familiar fsx type offsets that have been translates by xpuipc from X-plane datarefs.  If you have all fds hardware then sim-a provides all the interfacit functions built in to handle their hardware.  Hopefully some of the others that have flown x-plane with sim-a can chime in as well.   There are a number of them on this site.

Scott

Ridgenj

Taking the popcorn out!
Nat Crea has done the switch to x-plane using FDS and SimA. He might jumped in here

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Nat Crea

Justin,

Pretty much what Scott said.
ONCE you get your hardware setup and working with SimA, theres not much else to do.
I will be doing some more tests in the coming weeks as I have some quirks, but could be on my
side and nothing to do with XPlane.

Nat

JustinWheat

Thank You all for the advice. I'll hopefully get her going up and soon. Hopefully I won't run into too many issues. I'll report back with any anomalies I may have along the way.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate