Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 01:35:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
553 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 553
Total: 553

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My New 737 Build

Started by Bob Reed, June 11, 2016, 08:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

And so it begins. The empty space that should contain a 737 shell by Tuesday night. This is the thread I will post all the goings on for the new build from now on.

[smg id=1232]

Bob Reed

And here is the new shell...... Nice huh?

[smg id=1233]

Bob Reed

Here is what we are actually going to build:

[smg id=1230]

FredK

Make sure you have a good power mitre saw for the compound mitre cuts....been there, done that.

Good luck and have fun....by all means do not lose any fingers.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

bryn

I really like your model.  Good luck with the full size version!

I've been away so missed the earlier discussions, but is there a link somewhere to the framework plan and dimensions? (or will you just make it up as you go along   :) ).

Bob Reed

Here is the link to the live stream. You wont see much for a while....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bsl2-o7Fw8

Bob Reed

The build is going well.... Floor is done and now we start the tricky stuff.... The shell itself! Hang on for the ride! Stream back up soon...

mikeybear

Bob Reed

So the build has gone well so far. The "spine" for the shell is done and ready to go up. Tomorrow we will start on the shell build proper. Back wall, front firewall window frames... More to come. Will get some pictures up tomorrow.

Ed

Hi Guys,

Enjoying the stream. Looks like great fun. Exciting stuff.

What angle did you use to join the spine to the nose upright?
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

Bob Reed

Quote from: Ed on June 13, 2016, 05:28:38 AM
Hi Guys,

Enjoying the stream. Looks like great fun. Exciting stuff.

What angle did you use to join the spine to the nose upright?

Hey Ed, glad you are enjoying the stream. Should be more inside work today as we put the shell together so more to see. As for the angle, it kind of made its self. We just kept the nose upright angle flat and level and marked the spine and cut. Wella.. Matching angles. I know you where hoping for something more scientific then that but there it is....

iwik

Bob,
Enjoying the stream, keep it coming.
Les

Bob Reed

The stream is live, are we? Who knows......

Trevor Hale

Glad to see you finally getting a shell.

Looking good so far.  Time is running out though, who knows if ray is right and you guys can finish in a few more hours...
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Quote from: Trevor Hale on June 14, 2016, 07:46:51 AM
Glad to see you finally getting a shell.

Looking good so far.  Time is running out though, who knows if ray is right and you guys can finish in a few more hours...

We got this!!

Bob Reed

So we are 2 and 1/2 days into the project. We will "finish" and what a lot of work this has been! We have had fun but worked our butts off!! Thank you Don for your help and Ray...... What can I say...... You sir are a true hero!!

kurt-olsson

Cool live stream, looked at it from time to time! You looked like having lots of fun while building! =)

I will build something like this myself when i move into a house in a couple years. Maybe next live stream can come from my place! =) heheh

Bob Reed

So what was planed to be done before Ray heads home is.. It sort of flew last night for the first time. And all is quite this morning. Just having a cup of coffee and trying to wake up. We will take Ray to the airport in a while and I will head to work... Kind of a crappy ending to a great time. I have a great looking shell. A great friendship with a guy who I have known since 1997 but only met face t0 face for the first time on Sunday and a lot more work a head of me. All and all a perfect couple of day....

jackpilot

Now that the stream is off, Pics Bob Pics!!!  :D

Jack

RayS

Bob took plenty of pics and hopefully will post some of them soon. I'm waiting in the Rochester terminal for my journey back to Seattle.

I could have sworn i woke up this morning to the faint smell of jet fuel in the air.  ;D

Can't wait to see how Bob continues this project!
Ray Sotkiewicz

jackpilot

Well done Ray...this is what life is all about (for men in particular.... ooops... grown up children )  :D
Jack

Jack

iwik

Agree with Jack. Most enjoyable watch. Very much looking forward
to Bob's progress and completion. It really looked like you guys were having a ball.
Les

Bob Reed

Pictures huh????

[smg id=1264]

Go to my gallery in the media and select 737-??? Build there more. Does anyone know this gallery software? I need to put some order to the pics in this folder but I am not sure how.

RayS

Looks good! I wish I had done a better job on the sides though... so many compound angles. Once Bob gets the sheeting in place though, it won't even be noticeable.

Ray Sotkiewicz

jr2mey

Looks great!  Having the streaming going while you and Ray were building was a great treat...especially when i was sneaking peeks while at work!

You and Ray really made serious progress!  Now I look forward to see more pics as it finishes up.
James

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate