Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 07:39:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
718 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 718
Total: 718

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

Started by AngeloC, June 20, 2016, 05:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngeloC

Hey guys, I have been pulling my hair out for the last several days. I can't get my yoke and rudders to connect to the PC via USB. As soon as I connect them and they did work previously, I moved rooms and had to move the PC along with all else and this is when the problem started.

They are finicky, and what I mean by that is once they do connect, you better leave em as is because it will put up a fight to connect again after that.

The USB rudders and Yoke come up with windows 10 error usb sound and show "Device Descriptor Request Failed" Code 43 in device mgmt. I have tried routing them to a USB hub, another POWERED USB hub, different physical USB slots on the PC and nothing. This is nothing new and they do work but it is such a pain in the rear to reconnect em. What can I do to get them to start talking again.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled my Asmedia USB drivers from ASUS and tried other versions. Other USB gear works fine but this is no surprise as these controls always put up a fight.

Attached is a screen grab from my Device Mgmt.

AngeloC

PFC is telling me that the usb cards in the controls (yoke and rudder) are compatible with up to Win 7 64bit. I find that hard to believe because it did work on 10 for a while. They suggest replacing the interface cards for $99 a piece X2.

Thats a bit ludicrous. Where can I find these 3rd party if anyone knows?

Bob Reed

With a little re wiring you can use any joystick controller in it. I replaced the controller in mine with a Teensy card. Again not a direct replacement but works well now done.

AngeloC

I looked them up but there are several options avail. Can anyone point me to a specific card Teensy or other brand? I would like to keep the usb faceplate that is one their intact, the yoke has two encoders, 4 momentary toggles, and 4 push buttons.

They rudders simply yaw axis and left / right brake axis.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate