Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 11:48:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
721 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 721
Total: 721

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Opencockpits vs Arduino vs Other

Started by Atomic_Sheep, July 02, 2016, 05:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atomic_Sheep

Which do  you  prefer and why?

RayS

Full Disclosure: I'm full-on X-Plane in my sim and have never used OC stuff

I was a FSX fanatic, having built full-size sims of a generic corporate jet, a 777, an SR-22, F16 and finally a Beech 1900D using X-Plane and the Carenado Beech flight model.

I have used many interface systems, but I find now that the Teensy is perhaps the best overall interface solution for X-Plane. (I've never used OC stuff and was always put off by the daunting task of getting it all programmed and working.)
Ray Sotkiewicz

AtomicSheep

I forgot to mention that I'm an X-Plane user.

That's quite impressive Ray, how did you manage to build all those sims in one lifetime? I've been building mine for god knows how long and I'm still very far from completion.

Ridgenj

I have also different  systems available, Pokeys, Sismocards, Phidgets, SimIO, OC and CanBus.
When I was using ProSim737 and P3D3, all was ok but if you want to use OEMs and x-plane, the choices are very limited.
Pokeys and some Phidget cards might be supported. Arduino and Teensy are very small and very cheap, you can basically create OEM plug and play for each of your panels without having to wire to mothercards.
Learning curve is to work in C language, but Ray, Rob and many others share their codes here.
My two cents

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate