Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 06:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
360 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

777 Pilot seat

Started by crooner777, August 08, 2016, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crooner777

Hi all!  Can anyone give an idea as to where to get a 777 pilot seat?

Thanks!!

quid246

Real ones... you are talking about $10K per seat (used).

More money to be had fixing them up and making them serviceable than selling as-is.

crooner777

appreciate the reply!...thanks.

MjTom

Hi,
I was busy for months to find good B737 IPECO-crewseats.
I never saw a used B777 cockpitseat.
sorry..... I think, they are no available at time.

so long, Thomas

bernard S

T7 seats.   Lol.. hens teeth starting at 25k for set it was mentioned refurbish and resell ..word to wize ..use aircraft materials on all.. and if repainting use jet flex paint ..oh and whoever does it for you.. get the 8130,s per seat .. still cheaper than brand new at 55k usd per set

Ridgenj

Doc, do you have a supplier for the Jet Flex paint or any Sherwin W. Dealer can get it.
Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

mickc

You can buy it online through SkyGeek, they have all the BAC colors.    (Prepare your wallet though.....:eek: )

http://www.skygeek.com/jetflex-brand-sherwin-williams.html

jackpilot

Make it more simple and easy on your wallet.
Take out any part of your 777 JetMax to a paint shop.
Have a computer color match and there you go.
(Some paint shop can fill a spray can with your paint , one only should be good for one seat)

Jack

bernard S

You will be in for sticker shock re jet flex ..and don't forget to paperwork with it ..it's really easy to spray and so it should be at that price ... drys fast too .. but it's all in the prep.. it took me a week full time to prep one pilot seat and I have full set of 5 the 5th being instructor pilot from the engineer station from a 74-300 the others?are ipecos from a 74-400 .. I noticed people are being reserved on holding back on sticker shock price .. if you getting pros with papers to redo your seats .. bank  on this ..90 bucks per sheep  skin 2 per seat ... paint easy 400 bucks new covers 3-5 k per seat ..harnesses 1600 bucks for set if buckles can be re used then add arm rests and headrests ..plus the funky little covers on each side ipeco have minimum order (if they will talk to you) then shipping you could easy be out big bucks plus freight and orginal cost of seats ..if electric how you going to power .. simple solution if for home use car paint two part ..grey is grey as is boeing brown lol

Aerosim Solutions

There may be a pair in Dubai!! Too soon??
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

bernard S

Are they the rightb shade of brown ya know how people are picky ????

MjTom

Hi,
because of the color you can ask directly IPECO - support.
I get this info for B737-crewseats:

CODES FOR COLOUR PAINTED PARTS
ADMIRALTY DARK GREY - SEMI-GLOSS
(SPECIFICATION: BS 381, COLOUR 632)

Englishman not only drive on the wrong side, they also have their own color catalog.  ;)
But that should be no problem.

so long, Thomas

bernard S

Lol.. joke missed never mind was in reference to t7 wheels up..hence what shade of brown.. t7 seats are brown not grey

B747-400

Hi,

T7 uses IPECO as the 747-400 does. Here is a FO seat on ebay ... have a look:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/747-400-IPECO-Electronic-First-Officer-Seat-As-Removed-/262254387291

Cheers
Hans
Hans G. Schuetz
http://B747-400.net

jackpilot

Save $ 1100 per seat, enough to afford a can of brown paint  :D

[ebay]231404290065[/ebay]

[ebay]231329760841[/ebay]

Jack

navymustang

My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

B747-400

Ahh, nice seats!

Well headrest and brown color for $ 1100 is a fair price .....  :o ;D

Cheers
Hans
Hans G. Schuetz
http://B747-400.net

bernard S

Those are webber seats ..and no rails ..Webber never had headrests as far as I know ..however because webber wider they more comfy than ipecos I stuck massage pads in mine ..

jackpilot

Hey Guys
Paul is flying a 777 JetMax and wants a seat
This is what his post is about
No J-rails needed and who needs an original  headrest in a sim!!

Gear down and welcome back to earth :D

Jack

rprather

There is a 737 IPECO seat with a very similar style to the 777. I dismantled it, cleaned it, painted it and reupholstered it. Very happy with the result. Real parts specific to the 777 are still super expensive.

bernard S

Well .... ya pays your money and you what you get and you don't throw a fit..my view if your going to get something from the aircraft then get it complete it saves a lot of greif and time and time is the one thing you can not get back .Paul said as I understood it he wanted a seat  from a T7....seats are subjective and often very personal as they are high dollar items... from a garden chair all the way up to a completely refurbished set.if you are getting the real deal  why not get it complete (with headrests) just good practise  then his next question will be oh I need rails.. I thought the replies to his question were balanced and based on experience leaving Paul with options based on his requirements and expectations ..

jackpilot

Thank you Robert,  super nice work
Shows what you can get with ingenuity ...

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate