Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:24:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
506 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 499
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 506
Total: 506

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PC HARWDARE SPECS & SETUP

Started by Alanc, September 10, 2016, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alanc

Hi,

Following quite a lot of reading I am about to start my 737ng project.

With regards to PC hardware I was wondering what the ultimate / ideal setup for a 737sim with 3 x 4k projectors would be?

Mainly I wanted to know whether to start with 1 very powerful PC and a 12gb graphic card or to split the loads from day 1.

I am using P3D with the 737PMDG so far.

Thank you!

727737Nut

4K projector??  WOW! :o  Don't mind me asking, they had to be very very expensive no?  I just searched and be aware, allot of the specs say 4k compatible but it is not the projectors native resolution.  The cheapest native resolution 4K PJ I found was 29K!! :o

One PC with a very good video card will be fine
737 Junkie

Alanc

Quote from: 727737Nut on September 10, 2016, 09:28:17 AM
4K projector??  WOW! :o  Don't mind me asking, they had to be very very expensive no?  I just searched and be aware, allot of the specs say 4k compatible but it is not the projectors native resolution.  The cheapest native resolution 4K PJ I found was 29K!! :o

One PC with a very good video card will be fine

Well to be honest I have not started searching for the projectors until i complete  the PC specs. However surely will have to be much cheaper than that. Worse case scenario i will settle for HD:)

So one pc should be fine? I now need to research How one goes about blending the images aswell as sourcing a curved screen.

FredK

Alan -

I suggest that you research this forum regarding your question.

A single PC for a cockpit build is a bit light.

For example...There is the question of single window, multi window, or multi channel (multiple PC) setup for your visuals.  A consideration is also to run your avionics program on a separate computer.  There are literally volumes of info on this forum to study.  There are advantages and disadvantages depending on what is most important to you.  Once you determine what your objective is such will define the type of computer or computers that you need.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Alanc

Fred, thank you for your response. I will search some more.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate