Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 06:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
550 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 550
Total: 550

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Disappointing Article in Aussie Herald Sun newspaper re my sim

Started by Karl737, September 15, 2016, 06:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl737

Hi guys,

Aussie members may have seen an article in the paper regarding my sim.

I just want to clarify that I made it quite clear to the journalist that I was not the only private simulator in Australia, just the only real 737 NG flightdeck in private hands.

Anyway, sorry if any offense was caused to other Aussie builders. As for me, well, I'm a bit disappointed.

Karl

mickc

Nice photos mate  :laugh: :laugh:

I thought it was great!, we all know the media re-word things to suit themselves.

Personally, if any aussie sim builders get nose out of joint about that, then they must not be any fun at parties.

When are they doing the article on your tram setup at home?  :)

Karl737

Lol, yeah, was not my idea to wear the fake captains hat though! The photographer actually went out of he's way to stop at the local spotlight store to buy it on the way out because he said it would make the article more fun! Gee, and here I was thinking  they would want to write about VNAV procedures and ILS approaches etc ;)

Anyway, thanks for the positive review mate! :) In hindsight, I was probably over thinking it a bit.

Funny you mention the trams...they said they'll be back in a couple of months...

tennyson

Karl, I'd find it hard to accept that you could tick anyone off. After seeing that beautiful flight deck, we all have a lot to live up to.

Where do we see the article?

And I wanna see the tram article as well!

Regards,

Frank

Karl737

Thanks Frank  :)

If you google bendigo flight simulator, it pops up in the search.
I actually had to get work to send it to me a hard copy because it's payed subscription only, and I don't subscribe.

Karl

glooker

Good day Karl stop beating yourself up. Good to see you get some recognition for your hard work. But I agree the cap was a bridge too far.  One thing it has a number of us Aussie Flight Simmers talking.
Keep up  the good work.
Cheers
Greg :2cw:

Nat Crea

Looks great Karl.
Dont worry, the truth is always stretched in the Simulation world  :D

Nat

tennyson

Hey Karl. Googled it and read the article. Can't see what you'd be disappointed about, I thought it was a great read.

Admittedly, the captain's hat was a tad cheesey, but as you said, that wasn't your doing. A few more photo's of your flight deck might have been nice, but overall, I think you did the flight sim community proud.

Congrats, mate!

Frank

mikeybear

Quote from: tennyson on September 17, 2016, 02:31:08 AM
Hey Karl. Googled it and read the article. Can't see what you'd be disappointed about, I thought it was a great read.

Admittedly, the captain's hat was a tad cheesey, but as you said, that wasn't your doing. A few more photo's of your flight deck might have been nice, but overall, I think you did the flight sim community proud.

Congrats, mate!

Frank

Have you got a link Frank, the only thing I could find requires a subscription.

Regards

Dave

mikeybear

Thanks, but this link requests a subcription to view, I am trying to access it from the UK .

Regards

Dave

quid246

If you search on the article from Google, it will not give the subscription nag... direct linking will.

kurt-olsson

Awesome article and flightsimulator!

How did you come over the real cockpit? Online or connections?
Is all the parts oem? (Looks like it)

5/5!

Karl737

Hi Peter,

I purchased it through a company called  Simzation in 2012.

I think it's still listed on their website with pictures of how it was when I bought it. Have spent a lot of time since then chasing parts...

Not all parts are OEM, but quite a few are. The mcp, for example, is Simworld.

Karl

kurt-olsson

Cool, i chasing oem parts aswell. aft overhead complete, forward overhead  50% and real throttle and yokes, so i am on my way. :)

Know the feeling of friday-beer-soldering-programming. Most fun in the world!

bernard S

There once was a,saying..how many miles to the gallon for a Rolls Royce... :2cw:

Trevor Hale

Quote from: bernard S on September 20, 2016, 07:17:39 AM
There once was a,saying..how many miles to the gallon for a Rolls Royce... :2cw:

LOL  Hilarious..  that is exactly right... 
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

KyleH

Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

quid246

Quote from: 737NGer on September 20, 2016, 05:51:45 AM
Hi Karl,

How much did the NG cockpit cost you?

I'm in the same boat as Karl, have a real NG cockpit.  Let's put it this way, NG cockpits are not cheap.  Everyone NG that gets disassembled, there is generally a lineup of commercial entities willing to throw big $$$ around for them.

737NGer

I'm aware that NG cockpits are in high demand, and that they will definitely not be in the range of 8-15K$ like the CL. I've found all sorts of prices from quotes and forums ranging from 55K$ to 140K$. I was just wondering what other prices I could find.

bernard S

That's true most decks are an arm a leg your next unborn child plus a gift to the simulator gods ..however depending on your end intent they,are often worth it due to key items being in situ and they do speed up a build by a few years ... population of the flight deck with real NG panels I believe is the issue

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate