Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:05:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
167 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

30 seconds of simulated lightning!

Started by RayS, September 17, 2016, 09:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

It's all explained in the video, but here's the alpha version of using ambient light to recreate the cockpit environment.

Lots of code work ahead, but so far, pleased with the results!
https://youtu.be/ddKyvhuh3w0
Ray Sotkiewicz

iwik

KyleH

Hey Ray, is that done from data refs or RGB sensors? Just wondering how you'll be able to ge rid of the delay.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

RayS

This version is all done from the RGB sensor, which poses a few other technical hurdles.

1. I can control the loop/delay only to a degree as the RGB sensor take 60ms to read and send the data to the microcontroller.

2. Something I really didn't expect: the Sensor is SO sensitive that it's revealing how the LCD projectors work! Each projector has a CMYK disk that spins at an ungodly rate. This allows the projector to use a B/W LCD screen and as each colored section of the disk passes through the light beam, the image is sent out to the screen. Do this a bajillion times a second, and the naked eye is none the wiser as to how the image is compiled.

The problem is that the RGB sensor can see these individual CMYK images as they leave the projector, creating a sort of psychedelic ambient lighting inside the pit.

This is a problem that really stumps me. I think one way around it is to "Hold the shutter open longer" on the sensor, but I haven't yet figured out how to do that.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate