Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 03:47:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
478 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 478
Total: 478

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Projector Purchase Advice

Started by AngeloC, September 19, 2016, 06:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngeloC

Hey guys, I want to ask the community here what everyone's recommendation is on what projector to buy.

I have a friend who is enjoying flight simulation so much that he decided to get off his desk and get something more substantial. He is going with a SSTD 737 cockpit. It is the full left side including pedestal, overhead, and aft overhead.

The original plan was to use 3 27'' inch monitors, however I just visited a SSTD here in my home state and it had a single 1080p projector. I was blown away at the image clarity and brightness in a room in broad daylight. The sheer size of everything is way worth ditching the monitors.

It is just going to be a single Short Throw for now, so what does the community recommend? I have seen the HD Optimas come up quite a bit. Let me know what you guys think. 

navymustang

I have three HD optima projectors and am very satisfied. Like has been said in other post, these are "consumer" grade projectors so there is a bit of variance between each one with regards to focus, color and brightness. Overall - very satisfied with them for short throw use.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

The Optoma HDs are priced right and work fine for sim use.....particularly for a single projector setup.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

sagrada737

I concur itth Fred...   Also, there are definitely variations in the Optoma HD GT1080 from one projector to another.  I have three of these in my Sim setup, and what I have noticed, is that the color and contrast, etc. can be adjusted, and it seems to stay fairly stable in use over time.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate