Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 06:09:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
479 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 478
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 479
Total: 479

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FDS Tller help

Started by 737man, October 10, 2016, 07:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

737man

I have an FDS Tiller and want to connect to prosim.  What is the process to connect?  Do I need a FDS-FC1 Board or can I connect directly to the FDS-SYS1X Board?

Nat Crea

The SYS1X is only designed for input/outputs, not potentiometers, so you would need to connect it to a FC1 or other joystick  card and then calibrate in ProSim.

Nat

Aerosim Solutions

Leo Bodnar BU0836x cards are great for tillers, with one of these you could also hook up all your lower MIP display dimmers too!
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

sagrada737

I use both the FDS-SYS cards and the Bodnar BU0836x cards.   

The FDS-SYS cards work well with Sim-Avionics as its SysBoard Controller software recognizes these cards for Inputs and Outputs, which essentially work nicely for switches and Indicators.  On the Indicator side, each Output can sink enough current to light up several LEDs.  For other kind of indicators, you may need a secondary circuit driven by the FDS Output, eg. 28vdc lamp, etc.  I don't have any experience using the FDS-SYS cards outside of Sim-Avionics, so I don't know if they have universal applications.

As for the Bodnar BU0836x card, you have the flexibility to connect Inputs, Outputs, and Potentiometers - much like any joystick interface card, which must be calibrated within Windows.

It should be noted that FDS also sells a "joystick" type of card.  Others on this Forum may have more useful information on the above.

Mike

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate