Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 11:33:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
467 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 467
Total: 467

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

REX Worldwide Airports HD Problems

Started by 737man, November 11, 2016, 05:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

737man

REX Worldwide Airports HD not letting me download the zip file to enter my codes.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have email Rex 2 times with no response.  Looks like  many other people are having issues too.

sagrada737

Hi Lance,

Sorry you are having problems with HD Airports.   I have downloaded and installed in my P3D setup, and it works as advertised.  You might try downloading and installing it again.

HD Airports is not super fantastic, but it does spice up many of the airports you might fly into that would otherwise have the default scenery.

Keep us posted on your results.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

737man

Will do I have contacted REX and still waiting for a response....
Cheers

FredK

Lance

For big files like that be sure that you are using a download manager program.

I downloaded REX HD just yesterday without any problems.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Aerosim Solutions

Does it affect already installed add on airports?
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

sagrada737

Good question.   We are all concerned about the stability of our Sim systems when we choose to add new software/hardware.   That is one reason why before I install new hardware/software, I always make a System Restore point, and have a current Image Disk to go back to in case of major problems/conflicts with new gear.

In any case...   I have not found any issues with REX HD Airports negatively altering my currently installed airport scenery.  This addon is a nice addition, and quite complimentary to my existing scenery setup.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

FredK

It specifically does not affect any airport add-ons whatsoever..

It really makes a hugh improvement for smaller airports....as well as enhancements for larger airports.

I say this is really a must have!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

navymustang

Has anyone tried this on a multiple projection/PC visual system? I wonder if my problems are somehow related to my configuration?
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

QuoteHas anyone tried this on a multiple projection/PC visual system? I wonder if my problems are somehow related to my configuration?
Jim

Jim -

What exactly is the problem you are struggling with?

I have REX WWHD running on a multi-channel configuration using WideView (3 projector PCs plus a WV server).  It all works fine and looks brilliant, particularly at close-up range.

Fred K

navymustang

Problem FIXED !!!
By re-downloading the Rex Installer file and starting the install all over, it fixed the problem.
Thanks everyone for your input. I may have grabbed a newer version doing that.

Now - How do I share the same theme across all three systems? I looked in the theme folder but my named theme is not shown there. Is it a default file name that I need to look for?

Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate