Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:44:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
504 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 499
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 504
Total: 504

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Matrox DualHead 2Go v New Graphics Card

Started by andrewarles, November 28, 2016, 01:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewarles

Hi everyone,

I would like some advice to run (and stretch) FSX on two screens.

My current setup is a i7 3770 + Nvidia Quadro 600. The nvidia Quadro was initially chosen for it's 2D performance for Autocad 2D work.

For around the same price should I add a Matrox DualHead 2Go or upgrade the graphics card to a GTX 1060 (or better/more expensive) ?

Many thanks

Andrew

blueskydriver

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to Cockpit Builders... ;D

Just curious, did you mean Nvidia Quadro 6000, if not the Nvidia Quadro 600 is a rather old card and no longer sold. Either way, you'd be better off to buy the Nvidia GTX 1060 over the Matrox Dual Head 2 Go.

The GTX 1060 specs are here:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1060

Look at the resolution values and GPU memory, plus it is a multi monitor video card. With the Matrox Dual Head 2 GO, you're only using one video output and splitting it onto two displays and even though it does this, the Matrox still needs a really good video card in the computer and your Quadro card is not the one to use.

FSX is CPU dependent, but the better the GPU in the video card, the better things will be when it comes to sim and with the addons, that use the GPU more. Eventually, a total GPU dependent Flight Simulator program (be it P3D, Xplane or something else) will come out and you will be ahead instead of behind with the GTX 1060.

Good luck with your setup and a whole world of help is within this website, but try the search box if no one answers right away. I know there are so many topics and threads, that you're bound to find the answer(s) you seek...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

andrewarles

Hi John,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I do have a Quadro 600 which was purchased over 4 years ago!

Will there be a notable difference between the 3GB and the 6GB version of the GTX 1060 with FSX ?

Cheers

Andrew

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate