Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 10:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
479 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 479
Total: 479

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

An interesting ebay listing...

Started by 737NGer, December 01, 2016, 08:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quid246

Airlines don't go looking for serviceable parts on eBay.

Not even a picture of the front... amateur night!

mickc

That's pretty keen...

I see he also had the F/O side listed as well for a mere 16,000 GBP  :o

I bought a pair of these OEM panels not long ago for less than 10% of this price, and that was for BOTH Capt & F/O panels, and they were fully loaded so they had the ASA modules and Brake pressure gauge installed.

Joe Lavery

Hey what a bargain, I'll have them both....  8) on second thoughts I could buy a whole FDS cockpit complete for that, so perhaps not.  ;D ;D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

737NGer

Assuming that the average panel costs 10K and that there are about 40 panels in the cockpit, you would end up spending 400K, that excludes the MCP, CDUs and DUs. The MCP is worth 200K, each DU is worth around 50K and each CDU probably 100K. That sums up to more than 1 million USD!! :o

Might as well save up for an actual 737...

Dexter

Quote from: Joe Laverry on December 01, 2016, 03:36:02 PMHey what a bargain, I'll have them both....  8) on second thoughts I could check out Leanbean here and buy a whole FDS cockpit complete for that, so perhaps not.  ;D ;D

Where did he come up with that price? Pretty crazy imo.

Joe Lavery

He's hoping for an idiot to bid on it...  ;D ;D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

quid246

And given that serial number... I can tell you this is a REALLY old NG part.

737NGer

Is an older NG part any cheaper than a more recent one? Is this why the part is on eBay? Is he just looking for a fool to buy a worthless piece of metal? The certificate may look legitimate, but it may in reality be forged ... there are lots of frauds out there in the aviation business.

I was looking once for an NG Electric Panel. I put a wanted message on a parts trading site and I got a guy saying he can supply one in AR condition for 1800 USD. He sent me a 'certificate,' and it was obviously a fake. Badly photoshopped, no serial number, incorrect panel name, faked form number and no details whatsoever about the faults of the panel.

quid246

Age of part (if serviceable) does not really matter... it just depends how fresh the re-certification is.  If you have Part A at 10 years old and a 12 month old fresh re-cert... it's going to be worth more than one that is 5 years old with 24 month re-cert.

You aren't going to get an NG Electrical Panel for $1800 with paperwork... if the paperwork looked fraudulent then either you are getting a stolen part or totally scammed.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate