Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
581 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 594
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 581
Total: 581

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Opinions and experience of FlyEngravity

Started by stephenbalmer, December 01, 2016, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenbalmer

Hi folks.

I am looking for your opinions and experience of FlyEngravity as a supplier. My experience has not been good with emails not replied to and forum support requests also not responded to. I note also that the forum is full of similar complaints about the lack of any customer communications from FlyEngravity.

The reason I ask is that I need to make a decision on my MIP. I have a FlyEngravity MIP which is 90% built however there are some problems with it, due to it being second hand to me.

My issue - do i try to buy some replacement parts from FlyEngravity (with the customer communication problems that they appear to have) or do I just forget that and start a new MIP build with a SimWorld MIP as I know SimWorld customer care is excellent, having bought many other parts and panels from them previously.

Your advice and experiences would be very welcome to help me decide on this.

ManyThanks!!

Steve.

RayS

My $0.02 worth...

Best advice I ever got: When someone tells you who they are, believe them.

Seems like FlyEngravity has told you, and the world, who they really are.

If you've vetted another company and seem happy with the results, go for it. Avoid the 'Sunk Cost' fallacy. You'll only be throwing good money after bad (Sorry for all the bad analogies)

I say give this other company a chance since the data is already in that looks much more positive.
Ray Sotkiewicz

mariodantas

In my case I have an Engravity Pro MIP (very good quality) but waiting for the two AFDS, will be in stock February 2017, ugly, as I have already the MIP and can't finish him. Simworld seems to be very good but their postage prices to France are very expensive

Trevor Hale

There was a time that I would say go with Engravity....  The problem with many of these vendors is 5 Years ago, their service was second to none, and they were active in their forums etc.  Fast forward 5 Years, and we are out of touch with these companies, and look what happens.

Make a telephone call.  Talk to them on the phone.  Maybe they have a reason for being slow with emails and the forum.

If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck... Chances are what?

Things in this hobby change faster then most people change their Gitch..  Whats good one day can be crap the next.  All I can say is when I had an Engravity Setup, I Loved it, and would have never bought anything else.  However...  Appears the tide may have changed.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

stephenbalmer

Good evening folks,

I have some significant humble pie to eat over this post and my previous general comments!

I decided to test the water on seeking the parts to repair / replace on my FlyEngravity MIP so I sent off an email to Robert enquiring about the availability of the parts etc.

I sent the email at 02:00 UK and Robert replied within he hour, which must have been around 03:00 - 04:00 his time!!

Enthused by this initial contact, I had an email conversation of 2 or 3 emails with Robert, clarifying the situation and again, all were replied to in lightning time!

I decided to go ahead and order the parts (which were incidentally, WAY cheaper than i had thought, based upon the total panel and component prices) and to cut to the chase, I had the parts in my hand, shipped across Europe, within 48 hours of my first email!!

I guess the moral here is not to assume that one bad experience a while ago means that is their regular service and that FlyEngravity are very much still a reputable and responsive vendor in our market!

Steve

Trevor Hale

Steve,

That's wonderful News.  I had great experiences with Engravity years ago and I am glad to see they are still giving that excellent service.

Thanks for posting back and clarifying.

Trev 
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate