Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:22:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
587 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 594
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 587
Total: 587

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

X-plane 11 and 737NG cockpit

Started by Ridgenj, December 14, 2016, 09:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridgenj

Dear all, several fellow simmers have already implemented x-plane as a platform. Teensy boards seems to be the winning platform. I have been following Vlad and Roman for month (father and son), they are the developers of free/donation ware  Ardsim X http://svglobe.com/index.html .

Many of us have commercial ware and  OEM's modules. Interestingly the integrations issues come with the commercial equipment like FDS MX MCP/EFIS, MX CDU and the new ethernet radios.

Has anyone figured out how to integrate those plug and play modules to x-plane? We all know that Prosim737  and Sim Avionics provide native support. ProSim737 have a beta x-plane plugin but they have become notoriously biased agains XP.

Any ideas and suggestions how to proceed?

cheers
luis

Nat Crea

Hi Luis,

Sim Hardware is hardware isn't it?
It doesn't know or do anything without software...so...its the software
that needs to be compatible with XPlane.

I can t speak for XP11, but for XP10, Avionics was much closer to XP10 compatibility
than ProSim. As for XP11, I would like to see both avionics fully compatible.

Nat

Ridgenj

Hi Nat, I agree with you about the hardware, my challenge are the p&p modules that come with proprietary I/O cards and are limited by  now to work only with eg ProSim737 or SimAvionics.

I might not be understanding the full picture but my fds mx-mcp/efis and cdu cant address x-plane without using SimA. i could rip it off and put Arduinos and voila, but it might be a better way to hack the signal into Arduino without destroying an excellent piece of hardware.

My background is in life sciences, here we patch/fix before we replace. For those being technically savvy, please excuse my ignorance.

Cheers
luis

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate