Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 05:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
749 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 749
Total: 749

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Cockpit listed on Public Surplus!!!

Started by blueskydriver, December 16, 2016, 07:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

In the past, I mentioned buying stuff from www.publicsurplus.com, and yesterday to my surprise, there is a cockpit listed! Now, even though I am fghting the urge, I am not going too bid on it; however, I hope someone from CB does and wins it.

Here is the link:

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=1737823

Best Regards,

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Curious 727 ...
Wondering how much it's going to fetch ?

Jack

blueskydriver

It looks like a procedure trainer... What I notice is gauges, switches and a shell on a platform that can be easily changed to a B737 with room for an Instructor Station. I am guessing $3,000-$3,500 range will be the final price, and even that is a good price, all things considered.

On a related note, I really think Public Surplus is for sure a place to check on a daily basis. In November, I won 3 Dell Precision T7500 Workstations and 1 Dell Precision 690...total cost $700. All of them were setup for 3D editing and Adobe CS6, so they have Quadro cards, with dual Quad Core Xenon processors (8 core) at 4.2Ghz per processor; these are on par with I7's...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bernard S

in relation to the procedures trainer or what ever it was the juicy bits are under the floor ....it may have  control.loading which you 73 builders could retrofit .. most spend big bucks to make things pretty and functional ..without control loading one is driving a train ... thats my 2 cents worth

blueskydriver

Bernard,

Not sure if it has control loading (assuming you're meaning yoke, colum and rudder pedal controls with loading forces) or not, but it does look as there is more under the hood per se. I plan to contact the seller once they're available too find out...

By the way, I saw the recent pics of your sim, can you post some pics of the control loading aspects and how you dealt with that?

John

bernard S

here you go john you will need relevant chapter from aircraft for the 74 its chapter 27  some 2300 pages this will outline the cable tensions etc .then all this mumble mumble and a hydraulic pump ...however there are alternatives to the way i am doing it such as A&E feel units with actuators or electric units ..BFF have an almost turnkey setup but i would use planetary motors if going that route ..

blueskydriver

Update: This auction ended on Jan 10th and the winning bid was $910! Talk about a low starting price for some happy winner...

In the mean time, I will keep checkng the Public Surplus everyday for great deals and if I see something relating to cockpit building I'll let everyone know  :)

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate