Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:52:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
495 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 500
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 495
Total: 495

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Electrial panel nearly complete for captains side

Started by navymustang, December 24, 2016, 12:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

Here are pictures of the electrical panel on the captains side. The door dimensions are similar to the real aircraft and the circuit breaker panels are from a real 737. It is hinged to allow it to swing back and out of the way. Thought I would share the design for others to see. Will start on the FO side early next year. Since taking the picture, I have removed the handle and will install a much smaller pull handle. Also note there is a magnetic latch to hold door open, and the door can lift off the hinge simply by opening then lifting up and away.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Trevor Hale

That's pretty ingenious. Love the way it opens right up. Nicely done.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Ridgenj

Very nice Jim and Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueskydriver

Hi Jim,

Your concept is really well done; especially, when thinking of removing the seats and accessing your MIP. I know you have a moveable platform, but some fixes just require getting the seat out of the way.

On a related note, your screen looks exactly mine, except the black piping. That must be metal conduit right, as PVC needs a back structure to retain the curve. Who bent the conduit for you?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Clever...
Mine are fixed, with door a little bit larger than real to be able to remove seats but your solution is definitely smarter!
Jack

Jack

navymustang

John,
The screen was built for me by Art in Kissimmee Florida.  He is Northern Flight Sim.  The pipe is aluminum tube.

Thanks to all for the comments - inspires me to continue  :)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

sagrada737

Hello Jim,

I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and all the best in the New Year.

Your Sim project looks like it is coming along very nicely.  I really like the attention to detail you are putting into your Sim - excellent craftsmanship!

I noticed that your are using a projection system.   May I ask a few questions?

- How do you like the fabric screen system thus far, and how is the image detail and contrast?   
- Are you using a single computer, or multiple computers with P3D? (I assume it is P3d)
- What projectors are you using (direct or cross-over mounting) ?
- What graphics card are you using?
- What warping/blending software are you using?
- Are you using the .fxml for the flight file, or are you using P3D's ViewGroups?

I am especially interested in the use of ViewGroups as a function of setting up asymmetrical frustums, as it  seems to provide improved performance and greater image detail.   Hope to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate