Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
467 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 483
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 467
Total: 468

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Oasis 737 Project

Started by 737NGer, February 03, 2017, 10:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

737NGer

Excuse the peculiar name, but that's the only thing original I came up with...

So I've just started out my project of building a 737NG sim (Yes...another NG). Currently gathering OEM 737 parts and depending on my time, I'll be converting them to use with Prosim737.

I currently have a Passenger Oxygen Panel and a Landing Gear Panel awaiting conversion.

Be sure to check out my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Oasis-737-Project-1773566239527930/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Best regards,
Youssef

737NGer

Was able to find this bad boy...

kurt-olsson

Wow. Thats a rare item!
I will have to use FDS panels on the NG specific panels like Preassurization,apu,elec and navigation panel for my overhead.

Will follow this project. Love the OEM stuff!

737NGer

Thanks Peter!

I've posted a couple more images on my Facebook page.

Planning to post a video of how to convert it and all, but that won't be till June.

737NGer

Does anyone here have the pinouts or wiring diagrams for an NG APU Panel?

Many thanks and best regards,
Youssef

jackpilot

The best is to contact the manufacturer online and ask for the pinout
I got answers every time.

Tell them you need it for interfacing the part to a flight simulater, and supply pârt number and serial number

Jack

737NGer

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try.

mickc

The diagrams you need are spread across several ATA chapters, its not just a single page.  You have parts on that panel from the 4 different parts of the Electrical section, 3 from the APU section and one from the Ice/Rain protection system.

That being said, there is only some Korry indicators (which all have their circuit diagram printed on them) and some simple switches that could be easily traced out with a multimeter.

737NGer

It took me ages to find, so I am nervous about playing around with it.

Where can I find these ATA Chapters?

kurt-olsson

My approach...

Cut everything out including metalcase etc to save weight. Then build your own pcb board and connect a custom connector.

I think its too much hazzle to use original connectors.

Thats just my 2 cents.

737NGer

I'm always reluctant to gut such a unit.

Plus, weight isn't an issue, unless you have a 737CL CDU.

I like to keep everything as is. The way I see it, gutting a unit is more of a loss.

You lose aviation grade wire, aviation grade metal protection, circuit boards that are worth possibly thousands when new along with a lot of other stuff.

737NGer

Hunting a few panels, but having some difficulty.

Does anyone here know of where I can get hold of 737-800 sim spares?

Or where I can get used 737-800 simulator parts?

Trevor Hale

eBay is your best bet. But you have to wait until you find a deal.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

mickc

Try this place https://simhelp.com/spare-parts-supply/

But prepare your anus for the prices you will be quoted.

Generally sim parts are just as expensive as the aircraft parts, sometime even more expensive.

737NGer

I know that company SimHelp.

Comparing prices with other vendors, they're on the high side.

For example, a fresh serviced NG Electric Meters Panel from Source A would cost you 19K. From SimHelp, a similar unit costs 28K. But that's how they trade in OEM parts.

Don't know how it will work out with used sim parts though...That is something I will have to look into.

jackpilot

Let's "land" down to earth, those prices are out of whack for the average , even fortunate , builder as long as the NG is an active airplane.
And with no logical relation with the intent of recreational simbuilding.
If you have a million $ budget it might be OK though.
Otherwise you are chasing the end of the rainbow.

:2cw:

Jack

737NGer

This was just an example really, I source parts from other vendors for prices that are SIGNIFICANTLY lower.

I was just trying to advise anyone who is pursuing a similar project to steer away from SimHelp and find cheaper alternates. That's all.

XOrionFE

Quote from: 737NGer on March 28, 2017, 07:23:36 AM
This was just an example really, I source parts from other vendors for prices that are SIGNIFICANTLY lower.

I was just trying to advise anyone who is pursuing a similar project to steer away from SimHelp and find cheaper alternates. That's all.

Give up on finding NG parts for any descent price for a sim builder.   They dont exist.

737NGer

I've actually been able to source a few. It's all about who you buy it from.

Most vendors would service their panels, but others have a policy of selling parts in whatever condition the customer requires. Which is where I come in. I ask for AR - As Removed - condition parts - the cheapest parts there are and end up with much, MUCH lower prices.

Unfortunately my vendors do not always have stock for certain parts, which is why I ask for help on the forum.

In my opinion, over the half the cockpit of an NG can be sourced for a reasonable price in the right conditions with a few exceptions which are the MCP, Presurisation Panel, CDU's and DU panels. And I've seen even those being sold for descent prices due to being BER or Unserviceable for whatever reason.

blueskydriver

Hi Youssef,

How about you share with us the name of these vendors that you can "...SIGNIFICANTLY..." "...end up with much, MUCH lower prices."

I am sure members following the real parts usage track would like too know. Your suggestion to steer away from SimHelp and find cheaper alternatives is the question; who are these cheaper alternatives?

It would be nice of you to provide a list of the cheaper ones you've used and some examples of what you've purchased, along with pricing, in the manner which you speak of. That way it helps everyone...

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

737NGer

NG Gen Drive P5-5 Module
SimHelp - They will sell in SV for 5400 USD

UAM - They will sell you the same module in AR Condiion (With gurantees Working or Repairable - practically SV) for 1500 USD.

This is the comparison I'm trying to make. Hope this helps.

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Goodenough

OK so now who is going to afford this when building a NG sim?
I understand the price difference and that makes perfect sense. I'm also aware that SV condition means just that hence the price difference. Yousef its going to take a long time to get the parts you want at the price you want....and then you have to ask yourself am I prepared to wait this long when all you really want is to fly the thing  :2cw:

737NGer

Yes this is true...the project is progressing at a snail pace.

The main objective of the project is not to get it flying, but the electronics part of it is what interests me the most. This is my main goal. But unfortunately this comes with a price...

Goodenough

Ohhh....ok then that's a different story. All the best. This sounds interesting

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate