Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:41:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
463 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 463
Total: 463

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Oasis 737 Project

Started by 737NGer, February 03, 2017, 10:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

737NGer

Quote from: bernard S on August 11, 2017, 11:03:01 AM
yrs 6 doff hydraulic to be fiited ... but tbis not my thread.. i was just commenting on issues going all real in closing theres another chap (wont name names) on here thats more advanced than i am

What series aircraft is this person building?

737NGer

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find any sort of info about the NG MIP structure in terms of P/N's, manufacturer and so.

Can any NG shell owners - the next time you're working on your sim - can you please take a look at your MIP frame and see if there are any P/N's on them somewhere?

Thanks,
Youssef

jackpilot

NG shells are still  in the "Chicken tooth" category.  :P

Jack

737NGer

Quote from: jackpilot on March 06, 2018, 08:38:35 AM
NG shells are still  in the "Chicken tooth" category.  :P

Lol...kinda true

There are however a lot more NG's in the scrapyards now then there were 2 years ago - there is probably a few (though not many) NG owners on this forum.

jackpilot

Jack

kurt-olsson

Not exactly the answer to your question, but i bought a MIP structure from Simparts.de that i know retrofitts them in used real shells with OEM parts.

Could be worth checking out if you dont find the real deal.

Garys

Quote from: 737NGer on March 06, 2018, 08:23:40 AM
Hi guys,

I can't seem to find any sort of info about the NG MIP structure in terms of P/N's, manufacturer and so.

Can any NG shell owners - the next time you're working on your sim - can you please take a look at your MIP frame and see if there are any P/N's on them somewhere?

Thanks,
Youssef

If you have access to the IPC look at chapter 53-42-00  Equipment attach fittings. Part numbers will change depending on aircraft effectivity but 233A2302-26 is one number for the MIP. There are literally hundreds of different part numbers when you take in all effectivity and individual components that make up a mip when looking in the IPC so if you have a particular component of the mip your trying to find it may be easier to give a brief description of the component. Sorting through the ipc for each individual component to make up a complete mip would be a huge task.

737NGer

Quote from: kurt-olsson on March 06, 2018, 11:43:18 AM
Not exactly the answer to your question, but i bought a MIP structure from Simparts.de that i know retrofitts them in used real shells with OEM parts.

Could be worth checking out if you dont find the real deal.

I did not know that - good suggestion in cas I fail at finding an OEM MIP - Thanks Peter :)

Quote from: Garys on March 06, 2018, 01:16:22 PM
Quote from: 737NGer on March 06, 2018, 08:23:40 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Youssef

If you have access to the IPC look at chapter 53-42-00  Equipment attach fittings. Part numbers will change depending on aircraft effectivity but 233A2302-26 is one number for the MIP. There are literally hundreds of different part numbers when you take in all effectivity and individual components that make up a mip when looking in the IPC so if you have a particular component of the mip your trying to find it may be easier to give a brief description of the component. Sorting through the ipc for each individual component to make up a complete mip would be a huge task.

Hi Garys,

I'm looking for the MIP frame/structure, not the whole assembly.

Is the frame a single assembly or several parts put together?

Thanks,
Youssef

Garys

It is several parts put together. I personally believe it would be far easier to take Peters advice and look for a replica Mip.

737NGer

Quote from: Garys on March 06, 2018, 01:52:23 PM
It is several parts put together.

Is there an assembly number for the full MIP frame without the panels?

Garys

The Part number above doesn't include any panels. That is just the support structure that you are looking for.

737NGer

Quote from: Garys on March 06, 2018, 01:59:06 PM
The Part number above doesn't include any panels. That is just the support structure that you are looking for.

Okay.

Are all MIP frame P/N alternatives also in the form 233A2302-X?

Or are there more base P/Ns?

Garys

Correct 233A2302-XX.  look at equipment attach fittings chapter 53.

737NGer

Quote from: Garys on March 06, 2018, 02:07:37 PM
Correct 233A2302-XX.  look at equipment attach fittings chapter 53.

I don't have chapter 53  :-[

mickc

Gary is right on the money.  The MIP Frame is made specifically for each airframe depending on airline options etc, not something they keep in stock as a "spare part" . A quick look shows over 400 parts alone that go into one of the box assembly that hold the 2 DUs on the capt and F/O side.  All manner of plates, brackets, nutplates, rivets, seals etc., thats before any of the electrical parts.

As someone that buys quite a lot of new Boeing parts, I can assure you if you tried to even look at building the MIP from parts, you pay about the same as what it costs to buy a small island.... ;)    And no, these parts dont come onto the second hand market, as they are all riveted together.  The MIP (actually called the Support Installation- Fwd Panel)  does actually unbolt and come out (if you have watched the Youtube video on the build of a 737 you will see them pushing one into place) although any NG MIPs becoming available will come with the whole shell, and most likely straight to a commercial Level-D Sim manufacturer

As you will not see any of it when installed, why the need for an OEM MIP frame?  you will need to cut significant chunks out of it to fit screens etc unless you are planning on using OEM DUs etc

Garys

You will interested to know that the -31 can be bought from Boeing with a 3 month lead time for just under 250K. Makes those NG cockpits that are for sale in desert look super cheap   8) ???

Mick- Awesome explanation. Thank you

737NGer

Quote from: Garys on March 06, 2018, 02:16:18 PM
Well in that case you will interested to know that the -31 can be bought from Boeing with a 3 month lead time for just under 250K. Makes those NG cockpits that are for sale in desert look super cheap   8) ???

Lol...250K only...I'll take two...lol...since when is CNCed metal and a couple of rivets that expensive?

Quote from: mickc on March 06, 2018, 02:13:58 PM
Gary is right on the money.  The MIP Frame is made specifically for each airframe depending on airline options etc, not something they keep in stock as a "spare part" . A quick look shows over 400 parts alone that go into one of the box assembly that hold the 2 DUs on the capt and F/O side.  All manner of plates, brackets, nutplates, rivets, seals etc., thats before any of the electrical parts.

As someone that buys quite a lot of new Boeing parts, I can assure you if you tried to even look at building the MIP from parts, you pay about the same as what it costs to buy a small island.... ;)    And no, these parts dont come onto the second hand market, as they are all riveted together.  The MIP (actually called the Support Installation- Fwd Panel)  does actually unbolt and come out (if you have watched the Youtube video on the build of a 737 you will see them pushing one into place) although any NG MIPs becoming available will come with the whole shell, and most likely straight to a commercial Level-D Sim manufacturer

As you will not see any of it when installed, why the need for an OEM MIP frame?  you will need to cut significant chunks out of it to fit screens etc unless you are planning on using OEM DUs etc

Yes I've seen the video before.

Lol ...I really am planning on using OEM DUs...just once I find the graphics card GG CCA..man these are rare...

Garys

What do the arcade guys use to convert the signal to the old cga/ega monitors in the cabinet.

737NGer

Quote from: Garys on March 06, 2018, 02:23:25 PM
What do the arcade guys use to convert the signal to the old cga/ega monitors in the cabinet.

Nah not my generation  ... :)

BTW Garys...I've sent you a PM.

mickc

Quote from: 737NGer

Lol...250K only...I'll take two...lol...since when is CNCed metal and a couple of rivets that expensive?

When it is going into an aircraft and needs full trace paperwork etc, it skyrockets the price

Lol ...I really am planning on using OEM DUs...just once I find the graphics card GG CCA..man these are rare...

Yeah good luck with that....  Even if you can get 6 serivceable DUs, the costs of the DEUs, Coax splitters etc will be astronomical, not to mention all the hardware you will need to simulate the I/O data the DEUs will be expecting

737NGer

Quote from: mickc on March 06, 2018, 06:57:08 PM

Yeah good luck with that....  Even if you can get 6 serivceable DUs, the costs of the DEUs, Coax splitters etc will be astronomical, not to mention all the hardware you will need to simulate the I/O data the DEUs will be expecting

I'm not planning on using full DEU's - just a couple of internal cards instead - the power supply card and the graphics generator card.

As for the DU's, I'll save myself the trouble and just buy ARC or UNSV units instead.

737NGer

Hi guys,

Anyone know the P/N on the F/O side Clock panel - the variant with the new-style HGS Annunciator (attached photo)?

Thanks,
Youssef

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate