Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:52:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
454 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 454
Total: 454

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Oasis 737 Project

Started by 737NGer, February 03, 2017, 10:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

737NGer

Are you talking about the DC or AC AMPS?

The DC amps are read according to the voltage applied between the pins. It takes readings from -400mVDC to 80mVDC and each mV corresponds to 1 amp. At least that's what I understand from the attached table (1st one)

The AC amps however I have no idea. The AC AMPS table (2nd table) makes no sense - it says Vtypical is 0.8VDC then it says 1mV is equivalent to 10 Amps - so the typical Amp reading would be 8000 Amps?  ???

mickc

In just going off the attached file.

Do you actually have an NG panel yet or it still a pipedream?  You be able to get it working theoretically, but will need static inverters, digital to analog voltage converters,  and a lot of coding skill if you want one to run via an Arduino (or any controller for that matter)

You could use Phidgets 4-Analog cards to provide the voltage signals for current indication, based off prosim values, but you would need to code this yourself in C++ or .NET and have it run on a separate computer from the Prosim one.

737NGer

Yes I have the NG panel.

I have some basics in coding hopefully that'll help.

Problem with the Phidgets Analog 4 cards is that they have a very low resolution for what I'm trying to simulate (resolution of 5mV only - I need a resolution of at least 1mV.)

mickc

Probably need to custom make something then.  Although with the Phidgets you can use resistors in series to increase the resolution. 
The LOC & GS deviation bars in my Stby attitude indicator use about -0.8 to +0.8v full scale with 0v being centre, i use 10K resistors in series on both sides of the coil and that gives a much greater resolution.  in prosim the gauge sliders only move a few mm each way without the resistors, but with them i use about 3/4 of the range of calibration.  Same with the Yaw Damper indicator.

Do you have the CMM for the panel?

737NGer

I do have the CMM for this panel, but I can't upload due to its shear size (190 pages long.)

I'll post tommorow it's getting late Cairo time.

bernard S

deleted lol

mickc

2 things,  Bernard needs either A) a bigger keyboard - B) Smaller fingers - or C) Less Whiskey before posting   :D :D

Also, don't post the CMM here, forums like this are religiously monitored for things like that being publicly posted, and i'm sure Trev & team don't want a nasty take-down letter from the manufacturer   :o

I was just asking if you had one to reference.

bernard S

Mick is right option three ... rhere is lots of wisdom in a bottle of scotch ..however makes one a piss poor speller ???????????? howevrr new refreshment arrived today and everybody should budget in their sim build these

Trevor Hale

Better yet, get one of these?  Every Canadian has one...

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

737NGer

Quote from: Trevor Hale on June 13, 2017, 07:52:40 AM
Better yet, get one of these?  Every Canadian has one...

LOL

Thanks for the suggestion mate but I don't drink - That scotch does some nasty stuff to your liver!

bernard S

lol  yiu must not have one because that the swop out keg

737NGer

Quote from: bernard S on June 13, 2017, 08:17:11 AM
lol  yiu must not have one because that the swop out keg

The swop out keg WUT ? ;D

bernard S

swop    exchange enpty for  full 

737NGer

Now back to technical hell...

In the manufacturer document, it is says that pins 42, 43 and 51 of plug J1 connect to the 28VDC power supply. (As seen in first image)

According to the Boeing diagram, 42 is the DC Bus 1, 43 is the HOT BAT BUS, but 51 is the + TR3 Amps (as seen in second image)

TR3 Amps takes a 0mVDC to 80mVDC signal (as seen in third image) - so how come it says supply 28VDC to pin 51? 

mickc

Quote from: 737NGer on June 13, 2017, 01:18:49 PM
Now back to technical hell...

In the manufacturer document, it is says that pins 42, 43 and 51 of plug J1 connect to the 28VDC power supply. (As seen in first image)

According to the Boeing diagram, 42 is the DC Bus 1, 43 is the HOT BAT BUS, but 51 is the + TR3 Amps (as seen in second image)

TR3 Amps takes a 0mVDC to 80mVDC signal (as seen in third image) - so how come it says supply 28VDC to pin 51?
In the Boeing diagram J1 is on the left and J2 is on the right.  The TRU amp signals connect via J2 not J1.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

737NGer

That can't be - the connector on the left in the Boeing schematic doesn't even have a pin 43. As you can see on the left are rs232 ports. I checked the manufacturer manual and it says that rs232 pins are on J2 so the left is J2 and the right is J1.

TRU amps connect via J1 (see attached)

bernard S

lol     i should have not deleted post      ..he is your solution ... its really simple ..arrange for Mick to come to you its going to work out cheaper and faster ..you are going down a very complex road 

mickc

Sorry, I meant on the panel itself.

Can you post a photo of the back of the panel, showing the Dxxxx connector numbers?

737NGer

Quote from: mickc on June 13, 2017, 03:52:53 PM
Sorry, I meant on the panel itself.

Can you post a photo of the back of the panel, showing the Dxxxx connector numbers?

It's going to be shipped within a few days - I don't have it with me right now.

I have the -4 version the one with the Dual Battery Option and the single Galley Switch Toggle.

737NGer

How do I take data from Prosim and send it to an Arduino?

What I intend to do is take the Voltage Values from Prosim and send them to an Arduino then to a DAC which will output the required voltage. But how do I even get Prosim to send data to the Arduino in the first place?

Trevor Hale

Thats a question you will have to ask Prosim..  If they collect and or send the data through Simconnect or better yet FSUIPC You should be able to access that data.  If they use that voltage as a computation internally, you may be screwed.

With all that being said though, 737 Overheads read the data from somewhere, so you should be able to collect it.

I get my "AMPS" and "Voltages" From FSUIPC and then send it to my Arduino with a LUA script and pwm a servo with the data.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

Quote from: 737NGer on June 20, 2017, 08:41:35 AM

What I intend to do is take the Voltage Values from Prosim and send them to an Arduino then to a DAC which will output the required voltage. But how do I even get Prosim to send data to the Arduino in the first place?

You can do this with Arduino using their TCP client.  At one point I thought they were going to offer an SDK but it never materialized to my knowledge.

Scott

737NGer

Quote from: Trevor Hale on June 21, 2017, 07:14:15 AM

I get my "AMPS" and "Voltages" From FSUIPC and then send it to my Arduino with a LUA script and pwm a servo with the data.

That might be my solution - how do you do that with a LUA script?

Quote from: XOrionFE on June 21, 2017, 08:08:49 AM

You can do this with Arduino using their TCP client.  At one point I thought they were going to offer an SDK but it never materialized to my knowledge.

Scott

Isn't TCP used in ethernet connections? How does that work with Prosim?

XOrionFE

Quote from: 737NGer on June 21, 2017, 12:22:09 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hale on June 21, 2017, 07:14:15 AM

That might be my solution - how do you do that with a LUA script?

Quote from: XOrionFE on June 21, 2017, 08:08:49 AM

Scott

Isn't TCP used in ethernet connections? How does that work with Prosim?

That is correct.    It is one protocol of many used over ethernet though you do not have to go over ethernet with it.   See Page 27 of the manual "Generic Driver" instructions.    I believe there are a couple threads on Prosim's forum of folks doing some of this as well.     I have not implemented yet but had experimented on it with a friend who is a great programmer using Teensy's

mickc

You wont be able to emulate the metering panel with FSUIPC data alone,  you will need to access the Prosim variables.

FSUIPC only contains basic electrical system info, the rest is all done internally by Prosim and does not via FSUIPC (TRU loads, standby power, transfer buses etc)

You can send Prosim variables to and Arduino via ethernet , USB Serial or hardware serial. 
Several options are out there for hardware, I have used quite a few such as normal Arduino uno/megas, SimStacks (ethernet based) and the new SimDuino from Phil at Simvionics.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate