Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 06:47:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
461 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 503
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 461
Total: 461

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Incident Parts

Started by 737NGer, February 21, 2017, 12:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

737NGer

So I've been doing some research, and I found out that real parts involved in an accident can be a bit cheaper than other OEM parts that haven't been involved in any sort of accident.

Currently, I'm overspending a bit and as a result my project is moving slower than plans. So I need to cut down on expenses.

Does anyone here have any contacts who have access to incident 737NG material? If so, please PM me.

Many thanks and best regards,
Youssef

Mach7

Usually if there is an 'incident' there is no unrecoverable damage to the aircraft. If you are looking for Aircraft parts involved in an accident...my suggestion is stay away from these parts and avoid the bad Karma.......

jackpilot

I do not think that there is a different market for Accident/non accident parts.
What you can find on EBay or Dismantler sites are 99% uncertified,de-comissioned, not airworthy parts.
So go for it and enjoy, NG parts are still extremely rare though as that generation of 737 is still very "active"
:2cw:

Jack

737NGer

The market is actually a bit different, but it all boils down to who you're buying from.

The market for incident parts is more for the 'cheap' airlines. But some high value items can be of a lower value if incident related.

blueskydriver

Hi Youssef,

Check out this article:

http://aviationweek.com/awin/younger-aircraft-becoming-part-out-candidates

If you read down to the portion about Air Salvage International, you will see that ASI has salvaged 3 planes that were B737NG's. If they have the parts you need I wouldn't know; however, they'd be the first place I would contact. Here is the link too their website:

http://airsalvage.co.uk/

There is a section that shows their projects ongoing worldwide based on Goggle Map, here is the link to the map:

http://airsalvage.co.uk/airsalvage/asi-worldwide-projects/

Check out some of the planes and locations by clicking the pop-up locators...

Lastly, I suggest you contact them through a phone call or email and if you do, please understand these companies do not see home flight sim builders as an advantageous money-making market, so they may not deal with you. If you really want them to take you seriously, contact them and be ready too spend your money, as well as maybe even know the part numbers of the items you want. An informed buyer makes good customers, and take it from a guy who has purchased a whole cockpit and other related items from several salvage companies.

If you do find what your looking for or not, please post here on Cockpit Builders as too what happens. Also, if I did help you out today, just remember to help out someone else on here in the future. The old saying of "Paying It Forward" is truly a valuable commodity to others in this hobby...

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

737NGer

Hi John,

Thanks for the recommendation.

What a coincidence...I just contacted ASI this morning via email.

They are actually quite anti-flight sim enthusiasts if you know what I'm saying. I sent them several emails in the past, but I get the exact same answer from them 'we cannot assist.'

But probably these 3 NG's are just regular NG's. Not incident related whatsoever, so the value is still high. But thanks anyways.

mickc

A couple of points to add here:

As Jack says, there is not really a separate market for "incident parts".   Aircraft Parts are categorized as one of the following:

FN or NE - Factory New -Self explanatory
OH - Overhauled - part has been inspected/overhauled to factory specs and comes with certification/8130s etc.
SV - Serviceable - part has been tested and deemed airworthy, comes with certification/8130s etc.
RP - Repaired - part has been repaired and tested and may or may not come with certification.
AR - As removed - not tested or certified at all.

These are in order of cost, from highest to lowest.
Whether an airframe has been involved in an incident does not change the serviceability of individual parts and should not affect the value.
Obviously if the parts are being sold under the counter then they are free to classify and charge the parts however they want, but if they are selling NG parts, it seems strange they need to sell them that way.

There are a few that sell parts as "NG" but they are refurbished/modified Classic series parts made to look like NG, and usually only from private sellers.  (yes I have been caught this way!)

Secondly, places like ASI would sell the whole NG cockpit sections as a complete unit to commercial sim manufacturers, rather than part out the individual parts.  Also, airlines would remove and keep the serviceable rotable parts in stock if they still operate the same model of airframe.

They probably get many emails a day asking the same question :)

One other factor that may be working against you is your location.  Many countries (including Britain where ASI are based) will not export to Egypt or other middle eastern countries unless they are a registered aircraft operator.
Just something else to consider.

737NGer

Quote from: mickc on February 21, 2017, 02:49:16 PM

Secondly, places like ASI would sell the whole NG cockpit sections as a complete unit to commercial sim manufacturers, rather than part out the individual parts.  Also, airlines would remove and keep the serviceable rotable parts in stock if they still operate the same model of airframe.

They probably get many emails a day asking the same question

Not always though...They sell stripped NG cockpits for 120K  :o

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate