Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 05:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
346 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

MLeavy737 Sim (3rd Times a Charm!)

Started by MLeavy737, March 29, 2017, 07:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLeavy737

Well... I tried stepping away from this crazy hobby and yet i find myself desiring to build yet again!

I figured the best way to begin a project again is to start a thread here for posting updates.  Not exactly sure on the direction of this one as far as hardware however i do know of course it will be yet another 737. They're just too fun to fly :)  Also prob more of a budget build. Ive learned from the last few builds after spending gobs of money is that ill never get it "just like the real thing" when i fly the real thing.  Instead i just plan on having fun and not worrying too much about every last detail.  Also plan on building the panels myself with the help of my friend Carlos here in TX. He's been making his own panels as well and they look beautiful! Also nice to be able to go to work and get measurements and details right from the airplane itself! I think well be able to build some really nice stuff together.

The most fun i had with past sims was having neighbors and friends over and doing some flying together. Thats the plan this time. Have fun and get something that i can just enjoy and share with others.

Software.. some may remember the displays i started coding with my last sim and i plan on continuing that as well. I really enjoyed it. I plan on using arduino cards and have a few pretty interesting ideas on interface/display computers that no-one is really doing with these things. Ill let ya know how that turns out. So far experiments have been pretty cool!

Oh and it will be based on X-Plane! Only way to go for me!  No time limit set on any of this and like i said, my goal is to have fun and interact with everyone here I've missed for a long time now :) Look forward to posting updates!!

~Mike L.
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

blueskydriver

AWESOME MIKE!!!

That is great news! Having you back in is surely a great thing, and it will benefit everyone because you are the resident active real B737 pilot (not sure if there are any other active flying ones, I don't think so...). Nothing better then getting answers directly from a firsthand source, as well as just you being here carrying some of the conversations, I am glad you're back ????

I am sure all of us will be following your progress and the pursuits with Carlos, along with your software plans...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

Looking forward to seeing your updates as they go Mike,

Welcome back!
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

Hey Mike,

Welcome Back!

We look forward to seeing where it takes you and of course, always welcome to come by when passing through Chi Town!

Scott

Joe Lavery

Welcome back Mike,

talk about coincidence, I've just posted a request for a real measurement literally seconds ago....  8)
I look forward to swapping a few mails as before and if you're ever in the UK give me a call.

All the best
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Flying_Fox

Nice to see your back Mike! 
Remember to drop in if you by any chance land in Halifax.  ;)

Nick.

jackpilot

Here we go again..... !!

Good to have you back on board.
Jack

Jack

fsaviator

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate