Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 01:42:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
437 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 437
Total: 438

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 Visual using monitors

Started by mdavenport, May 16, 2017, 01:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdavenport

I've just received my dual seat trainer MIP and at the moment I have to use my 3 x 23" Monitors for the out of the window view which isn't really sufficient anymore.

Ideally I would like to get a room big enough for projectors and screen but the reality of this is that its not going to happen anytime soon in my existing room so I need to consider alternatives in the form of monitor/tv.

I was thinking of getting 2 x 42" TV's to give me the feeling of the 2 front screens in the real boeing.

The alternative is I get a single 55" TV but I can't help but think that the 2 x 42" will give me the column in the middle like in the real thing.

Let me know your thoughts and recommendations please.  Also I would be pleased to hear recommendations on types of TV, i.e. 4K etc..

Thanks in advance
Mark

jackpilot

Hi Mark

Subject has already been debated and covered in many posts.
Here is one , and search will find others.

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=3979.msg30729;topicseen#msg30729

Jack

Jimmerrelie

I found through experimenting with four 27 monitors (which places a post in the center), your view of the runway is greatly reduced. And you can't "look around" the post as in the real aircraft. So in my opinion a single 55 ( or even larger) is your best bet.
I7 4770k oc to 4.2
MSI mpowerMax mobo
Gtx  780sc
16g ripsaw ram
Fsx w/ acceleration boxed
Ifly 737ng CBE

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate