Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 08:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
547 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 547
Total: 547

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

P3D v4 Multi Channel

Started by navymustang, June 16, 2017, 11:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

As mentioned in an off topic post - I have purchased (leased) the professional plus license and am exploring the elimination of WideView to control my visual client computers and shifting to the revised and updated multichannel feature of P3D v4.

Good news is that I have the host and one client talking with almost no issues. When attempting to bring online the second client, not such good news. That client copy of P3D just shuts down. Will give full details this weekend along with copies of the config files I am using.

I am using the ViewGroups exported from my warp and blend software (Immersive Display Pro).

And for those who are Prosim folks, my host and all of the Prosim software is running perfectly using the new FSUIPC v5. I will still need to resolve AI traffic.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

Needless to say......I am very curious regarding how it works versus WideView.

Keep us posted!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

XOrionFE

Me too.   Thank you Jim and thanks for the report on your Prosim success with FSUIPC5.  That is encouraging.

Ridgenj

Jim, please keep us updated. Going same path as you.
Cheers
luis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tennyson

Thanx Jim.
I've also been asking LM about the same system, but haven't got an official reply yet.

I heard that you only need to license one PC and the rest are covered by that license, is that true?

And on the Prosim side, you need to have the latest FSUIPC update, FSUIPC5.102.

I have my Prosim folder on my main PC which is also the main graphic PC and I think I may need to change it. Under test, there is quite a bit of lag to the PFD's if you run Prosim and P3D on the same PC.

Prosim are shifting their MCP controls over to Simconnect, instead of FSUIPC and the release of that software should be around August/September. This, according to the guru's over there, will alleviate all lag issues.

P3D V4 is a beautiful thing and will give our cockpits' a really nice boost....can't wait!!!

Frank

Ridgenj

Frank. It is correct that you need to have a registered version at the master and all clients are free. LM confirmed this before launch and was also the case with P3D3
Cheers
Luis

navymustang

Ran the sim tonight with just the host and one visual client running. Terrible lag in Prosim with what appears to be bunching of the data packets going between the various computers running Prosim components.  Much yet to explore on this topic.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Ridgenj

Jim, have to you tried Opus or FSGRW.
Apparently, they don't need any additional network connect software.
The only thing that doesn't synchronize is vehicle flow but I can't care less about cars.
I tried it with P3D3.

Cheers

Luis

FredK

Opus does not handle AI Traffic....Opus users wanting such use WideTraffic with Opus.  Opus has stated they have no plans to implement AI Traffic in the near future.

Also....FSGRW works terrific with WideView for weather projection and sync.  It is my personal opinion that cloud rendering looks more realistic than ActiveSky which has a more artsey character about it which I find a bit cartoonish.  AS is also very heavy on the frames in comparison.  All that is a matter of personal preference though.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

tennyson

Sorry Guys,
Just getting back to the P3D V4 thing, If you run the Pro Plus, do you mean that you can run just three PC's connected to projectors, naming one as the server and the other two as hosts, or would you need a fourth PC to run as a server and the three networked other PC's connected to projectors running as hosts.

I wouldn't want to add another PC to my system, I already run another two PC's for my MIP and CDU bay.
If I do, maybe one of those PC's could be the Server?

I'm also stuck with V3 at the moment until CFY come up with throttle software made for V4.

Frank

navymustang

You can configure any system you like with v4. If you want your main visual computer to drive a display, then have two other client computers driving displays (or projectors) that works, just know that if you have other software running on the host visual, the system will only run as fast visually as the slowest computer.

So be careful when you pick the frame rate synch value (e.g., 30 fps) that the host server can really run at that value.

tennyson

Thanx Jim, appreciate that info.

Frank

FredK

WideView 64 for P3Dv4 just released!

Fred K

Ridgenj

Thanks Fred

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tennyson

Wow, Thanx Fred for the heads up on Wideview. that has made up my mind now. I just went and bought wideview 64 and I'll stick to my three academic versions with wideview.

Going Jim's way, it would have cost me about 300 dollars a year for something I'll never own.

I'm also hoping that widetraffic 64 might come next, so that all that lovely 64 bit traffic might roam the 64 bit skies, in my sim.

And while we are on the news front, the new Hotfix 1 for P3D V4 was released this week. I downloaded as soon as my hot little modem would allow and did a bunch of testing with Prosim.
I was hoping the Hotfix may have fixed the lag issue that everyone is having with Prosim.

Alas, it didn't. It did seem to minimise it slightly, but the guru's at Prosim say it wont be fixed until the new version hits us in August/September.

I don't mind the wait. nearly all the fixes are in place now and I think I'll be flying the 64 bit sky before years end, if not sooner.

Frank

FredK

I am happy to see that there is a future for WideView after all!  You simply cannot beat the performance of having the rendering work spread over multiple computers.    True that it is a bit of maintenance headache (and expense), but that is the price to be paid for the best performance possible.

Yes...I have to assume that WideTraffic 64 is not far behind.  I am sure there are a number of Opus users eager on that one as well.

Right now my WideView P3Dv3.4 setup is running very well and I have invested some bucks in scenery addons.  So I am content to wait it out for 6-8 months until the bugs are worked out of P3Dv4 (and until WideTraffic is available).

Fred K

tennyson

The bug with prosim and Simmconnect is the only thing making me hold off going full P3D V4 now.

After the release in August or September, I'll be building a new master PC for my cockpit with the new 7900x and an Asus ROG 299x mobo, with a Samsung 2Gb SSD.

I won't be using the conversion from V3 thinking. I'm starting with a clean Win 10 and loading just V4 and all of my V4 scenery. Of course, as stated earlier, I'll be doing exactly the same installation on my other two Graphics PC's as well.

You are right, Fred, keeping them all synchronised and updated together is a right royal pain, but when it's all up to date and flying, it's magic.

Roll on August.....

Frank

Ed

Quote from: tennyson on June 29, 2017, 03:59:59 PM
Wow, Thanx Fred for the heads up on Wideview. that has made up my mind now. I just went and bought wideview 64 and I'll stick to my three academic versions with wideview.

Going Jim's way, it would have cost me about 300 dollars a year for something I'll never own.

I'm also hoping that widetraffic 64 might come next, so that all that lovely 64 bit traffic might roam the 64 bit skies, in my sim.

And while we are on the news front, the new Hotfix 1 for P3D V4 was released this week. I downloaded as soon as my hot little modem would allow and did a bunch of testing with Prosim.
I was hoping the Hotfix may have fixed the lag issue that everyone is having with Prosim.

Alas, it didn't. It did seem to minimise it slightly, but the guru's at Prosim say it wont be fixed until the new version hits us in August/September.

I don't mind the wait. nearly all the fixes are in place now and I think I'll be flying the 64 bit sky before years end, if not sooner.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Indeed great news concerning Wideview 64.

I've finally settled on TV screens over projectors. Now the debate in my mind is Wideview or P3DV4 multi channel or view groups. I dont think I could stand the fps loss on either of those choices which makes Wideview very attractive. And I agree..  300 a year for something you will never own...hmmm  ..  I can't get my head around that one either.

At the moment I am using Steam SE with one 60 inch, have one more in the basement though, so will soon be 2 :) I'm quite content to wait until the fall, then will probably go P3DV4 and wideview. I'm already using 3 PC's in my pit so shouldn't be too big a deal.

Of course still waiting on more info from Jim as well though, as perhaps he will find a good solution to the fps problem .

P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

Ed

Quote from: Ridgenj on June 17, 2017, 06:31:48 AM
Frank. It is correct that you need to have a registered version at the master and all clients are free. LM confirmed this before launch and was also the case with P3D3
Cheers
Luis

Hi Luis,

Would this same licensing apply to multiple PC's in a wideview setup, ie: one license for Master server and other clients are free?
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

Ridgenj

Yes  as per  Product Manual, unlimited free clients.
You can test it for free
Cheers
Luid

Ridgenj

Quote from: Ridgenj on June 30, 2017, 09:03:10 AM
Yes  as per  Product Manual, unlimited free clients. P3D4 PP and Wideview have the same policy.

Cheers
Luid

Ed

Quote from: Ridgenj on June 30, 2017, 09:03:10 AM
Yes  as per  Product Manual, unlimited free clients.
You can test it for free
Cheers
Luid

Sounds great !  Thanks.

Ed

Quote from: Ridgenj on June 17, 2017, 06:31:48 AM
Cheers
Luis

Hi Luis,
I dont really understand this. I've read and reread all of their EULA's and they all state one computer one user. Is there documentation somewhere that states clients are free?

Thanks,

Ed

navymustang

It is on the Lockheed site. Clients are Free.

It doesn't say free, it says, you don't need to register the clients.   That translates to free.

Ed

Jim thanks. I am still reading through the site but haven't come across that yet. It's good news though as I was a bit worried.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate