Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 05:30:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
222 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

P3D v4 Multi Channel

Started by navymustang, June 16, 2017, 11:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

WideTraffic 64 just released for P3Dv4!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Nat Crea

navymustang

As we all wait for Prosim to become stable under P3D v4, I decided to try a hybrid mix that is giving EXCELLENT results.

I kept my host visual computer on P3D v3.x and with the existing WideTraffic and WideView and FSUIPC.

I shifted all three PCs that are visual clients driving my three projectors over to P3D V4 with the new WideTraffic, WideView and FSUIPC v5.

I can honestly claim that every slider in the settings for P3D graphics is just once step from being at the max setting, and I am getting over 30 FPS on each client.  Absolutely amazing. WideTraffic and WideView are nearly perfect.
The only issue I am finding is that WideView is no longer propogating weather correctly across the network using the global technique.  That's the check box on weather in the upper right quadrant on the dialog box. This could be an issue with different versions on the network. I hope someone else can try this and see if they have the same issues.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

tennyson

I'm with you, too.
I have been testing all of the Prosim pre-releases, hoping for the one that fixes the lag problem. The latest one, V 1.51b13, is still laggy, tho.

In the meantime, I've updated two of my three IG PC's with V4, FSUIPC 5 and all of the new P3D V4 native scenery that I'll be using in my next Asia/European Tour.

I still have hardware updates to do on the sim, before departing on leg one, so I have some time, hopefully we will have working Prosim, all the remaining ORBX airports and some of the European airports porting to V4.

Frank

navymustang

Frank - are you using the Prosim IOS to change your weather (with WideView) ? If so, let me know if you are getting your visual clients to update using P3D v4.

I don't want to go with a third party weather engine because you can't control it from the Prosim IOS and I can't layer on another software product for my customers, or for myself. To much effort to set up a flight for training purposes.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

Jim...

That is excellent news that the new WideView works in a mixed config!

That news raises the priority for me to convert to P3Dv4!

At the moment I am running P3Dv3 with WV in a mixed config with FSX as the server.  It runs superbly that way since FSX never ever crashes as well as the P3D clients in that config.

For my weather setup I am using FSGRW networked on the P3D clients with a separate FSGRW instance running on the FSX server since the FSGRW network bridge does not work in a mixed config.  Weather syncs perfectly that way.  I am assuming that the new FSGRW for v4 will work the same way,  so ideally I will continue to use FSX for my WVserver if that is the case.

FSGRW for P3Dv4 is under development....including some promised improvements.  So I now eagerly await!

This makes my day!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

tennyson

Hi Jim.
I haven't been running any weather in the cockpit under P3D V3, except basic P3D inbuilt weather.
Now that I've updated to P3D V4 all but the last PC (that is happening tonight), I am looking at installing weather into the cockpit.

I've been trialling ASP4 on my test rig in the house and it's definitely ready for the big time on a desktop, but weather it passes muster in the cockpit environment remains to be seen.

Like Fred has said, FSGRW works, so I trialled it in V3, but canned it, it just didn't do it for me visually.

I'm going to pursue the ASP4 thing, even if I have to buy 3 more licenses for the cockpit. It is the closest thing I've ever seen to realistic weather.

As far as changing weather and position in the cockpit, I have been using FS-Flight Control for some time and it's brilliant. It has had no problem with V3, but have not tested it in the network environment of the cockpit, so will have to see about that.

On my desktop, FS-Flight Control is working flawlessly with P3D V4, but does need a live Wi-Fi connection to work remotely from an iPad or tablet, so you do open yourself up to problems with updates from Windows 10.

Frank 

Ed

Quote from: navymustang on June 16, 2017, 11:30:03 AM
As mentioned in an off topic post - I have purchased (leased) the professional plus license and am exploring the elimination of WideView to control my visual client computers and shifting to the revised and updated multichannel feature of P3D v4.

Good news is that I have the host and one client talking with almost no issues. When attempting to bring online the second client, not such good news. That client copy of P3D just shuts down. Will give full details this weekend along with copies of the config files I am using.

I am using the ViewGroups exported from my warp and blend software (Immersive Display Pro).

And for those who are Prosim folks, my host and all of the Prosim software is running perfectly using the new FSUIPC v5. I will still need to resolve AI traffic.

Hi Jim,

I'm curious to know if you've had any success adding a 2nd client using Pro Plus Multi-channel or is this a dead end at this time?

I'm still torn between WidevieW64 with multiple Pro Licenses or Multi Channel Clients with a subscription to Pro Plus.

I want to run 5 TV screens using at least 2 clients. The way I see it now, 3 licenses would cost me $600. That equates roughly to a 3 year subscription of Pro Plus ($684) which makes Pro Plus a viable alternative to WidevieW providing the clients will network properly.

Your thoughts please,

P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

navymustang

For the foreseeable future I have stopped going down this path until Prosim resolves the severe staggering issue with network traffic.

I hope by September that fix will be out and I can continue this research,

I want to keep my sim running as I build so staying with V3 on the host and kept V4 on the client visuals. Still using WideView and works great for now.

Ed

Quote from: navymustang on August 04, 2017, 07:49:01 AM
For the foreseeable future I have stopped going down this path until Prosim resolves the severe staggering issue with network traffic.

I hope by September that fix will be out and I can continue this research,

I want to keep my sim running as I build so staying with V3 on the host and kept V4 on the client visuals. Still using WideView and works great for now.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Have you read the latest comment from the Prosim Forum this morning? Under the General Topic, Lapi has posted a workaround that may work for many Prosim users during the wait for a Compatible V4 Prosim .
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

navymustang

I guess we all know what I will now be doing this weekend  :)

Thanks for the insight.

Ed

Looking forward to hearing the results of your weekend :)

navymustang

Well - first pass at following the instructions exactly gave the exact same stutter.  Oh well.

I'll have to look further into what Im doing wrong  :)

tennyson

I had several goes at getting the workaround to work, just on my desktop, but to no avail. It requires an IP address and also a port number. As well, you need to exclude that port number from your firewall.

This is the last piece of the puzzle now, as ORBX have now released their Beta Object Flow and all of their airports are now available.

So, it will be a very interesting couple of months ahead of us.

Frank

Ed

Hi Fellahs,

I was hoping for better news, but these things are tricky. I'm off for a few weeks come Monday, so not really worth it at the moment for me to lease the ProPlus. Might have a go at it when I get back home. Some have had success..some haven't. Guess it's a hit and miss thing with the work around.

I have 3 60 inch TV's at home now. The last two are still on layaway, and I'm starting to get a bit of pressure from the store. I think I might just bite the bullet and cancel the last two, as I'm pretty sure I can get 3 separate views to work ok, 5 might be just biting off more than I can chew. I have until the end of August to decide to keep or let the last two go.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate