Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 12:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
471 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 471
Total: 471

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Looking for 110v 4" Fan motors for 737 eyeball ducts

Started by 737man, June 19, 2017, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

737man

I saw a 110v inline motor on this site but I lost the info.  Does anyone use any fans on  their cockpit?  If so a link would be great.
Lance

navymustang

I took the route of having a single large blower below the cockpit floor and routed tubing to each eyeball vent from a collector box on the exhaust side of the blower.
My blower came from Grainger.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

737man

Does this work both sides f/o and capt.  Do you have the info on it?  Do you have them hooked to a relay for the packs?

jackpilot

I have 2 of these.
110V heavy duty (you do not need a Packs.wav) and 4.5 "

Jack

737man

Jack Where those enough power flow?  Relay would add realism only. 

jackpilot

Jack

737man

Jack looks great.  Are these 12v?  Can you send me a pic of the back of the vents for a reference on how to mount them in?
Cheers Lance

jackpilot

If you look at the specs sheet they say it all, Cub feet/minute, voltage amps etc
The round turbine is the easiest to hook up, otherwise you have to make some kind of shroud (which is hidden anyway). On the wemacs side , all depends of the model.
My best guess !
Jack

Jack

737man

got it....i was just wondering how you did it.  But i can figure it out
Thanks

jackpilot

:D Actually the fans are on a shelve...another project
All figured out, not yet  "implanted"
Hence my comments :D

Jack

bernard S

may i make a suggestion    ..bollocks to adding fans and what not it's too much work..why not just get say a small air con unit and plumb your whole deck ..its going to get hot and vent vans as such dont teally cut it ..

navymustang

My whole hanger is with A/C - but the fun factor of having people sit in the cockpit and feel the air, saying, OMG, then vents actually work!!!

That is why we do it  :)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

seems my point lost in translation... why muck about with a fan for a vent just to say it works... what i am saying if yiu goi g to add a fan to a couple of vents   its pointless ..using my deck as example    its fully enclosed .. yes the eyebalks work vut i also added huge amount of air conditioning    5 tonnes  if yiu have a deck its going to get hot   its peeny wise and pound foolish not to add ac

jackpilot

I agree with you (for once!) BUT

You live in TX
We live (some of us) in a deep-freezer 9 month out of twelve !

:D

Jack

Trevor Hale

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Flying_Fox

Quote from: jackpilot on June 22, 2017, 12:04:28 PM
I agree with you (for once!) BUT

You live in TX
We live (some of us) in a deep-freezer 9 month out of twelve !

:D

I have air conditioner in a sim room, and so far used it only a few times in summer.
In our long winter I do not turn heating on in sim room and the temperature there typically 13-14 degrees. It only gets to 22-23 after 5-6 hours of projectors work.

And summer is too rare here to spend it in a dark room.

:idiot:

jackpilot

Got them today, amazing!
Thank you Nick for the tip.

Jack

737man

Jack do you have a link to eyeball ducts at a fair price?
I did buy the other 110v you had, but I will try and return
to get the 12v ones....They look better and 12v.  I can
hook to a relay...

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate