Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 30, 2024, 05:43:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
108 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 95
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Starting to feel like an addict...

Started by kurt-olsson, July 21, 2017, 02:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Lots of people talked about it but i didnt think much about it. But my hunt for OEM and my cockpitbuild is starting to take lots of time just in collecting and planning.

My main problem now is that i surf the web for stuff and always looking for the next "score".

Basically i "only" have the pedistal left to collect regarding OEM. But i think its time for a "timeout" from looking for stuff...

Really looking forward to start building! :)

Anyone recognize this too? LOL!

737NGer

Quote from: kurt-olsson on July 21, 2017, 02:03:43 AM
Lots of people talked about it but i didnt think much about it. But my hunt for OEM and my cockpitbuild is starting to take lots of time just in collecting and planning.

That is why many of us go for reproduction panels, but hey - the OEM stuff really pays off.

Quote from: kurt-olsson on July 21, 2017, 02:03:43 AM
My main problem now is that i surf the web for stuff and always looking for the next "score".

I assure you no one can be more addicted to parts surfing than me!  :)

For the past 3 years, I've spent most of my free time looking for parts and so...my advice to you is that once you establish a reasonable list of contacts (3 to 4 vendors) it's time to kick back the throttles and to devote less time to sourcing parts.

kurt-olsson

Ah nice to hear that i am not alone in the "parts surfing". :)
Thankfully i only have the pedestal left so right now i am thinking about to disconnect sourcing parts and start building hhe structure and interface panels.

By the way, do you have any videos or pictures of your sim? Always great to follow someone who also got some OEM stuff :) (more than your facebook)

Still dont understand how you got hold of a NG Apu/Gen panel... awesome!

kurt-olsson

By the way Youssef, thanks for the tip of the apu/gen panel from universalassetmanagement. Bought it yesterdsy.

737NGer

Quote from: kurt-olsson on July 21, 2017, 08:29:55 AM
Ah nice to hear that i am not alone in the "parts surfing". :)
Thankfully i only have the pedestal left so right now i am thinking about to disconnect sourcing parts and start building hhe structure and interface panels.

By the way, do you have any videos or pictures of your sim? Always great to follow someone who also got some OEM stuff :) (more than your facebook)

Still dont understand how you got hold of a NG Apu/Gen panel... awesome!

No videos unfortunately - my sim is just a collection of panels right now. Actually, I haven't even bought a Prosim licence yet nor did I get any PC's to run the displays!  :(

I have 3 panels coming in by early August - 2 big ones and 1 small one. I won't say what they are now, but I'll keep it a surprise!  :)

When your APU Panel arrives please post a photo or two. When will you work more on your overhead? Did you interface the Window Heat panel yet?  :D

kurt-olsson

Yeah, after that panel comes i almost have a full overhead and aft overhead except the ng panels. I will convert my classic apu panel.

But yeah, i willpoat some new pictures of my hard work of hording panels. :)

kurt-olsson

Have not interfaced windowheat-panel yet, but my plan is as always: strip everything out and make my on board and connect. Will do this for all my panels. My approach is minimalism hehe

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate